DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Channeling one-handed

Wolfwalker

You are implying that no Aes Sedai could cast the weave without hand motions if she learned the weave using hand motions. That is non-sensical.

It may seem non-sensical to you but that is what RJ has said. If you learn the hand motions at the same time as the weave, you can not, or at least it is much more difficult to create the weave without the motions.

In KoD, even LTT is annoyed when he takes over Rand's body during the Trolloc attack, but can't force his hands to make the motions that he is used to using when making the "blossoms of fire" weaves(i think that is the weave that is mentioned anyway). As it is, we have possibly the greatest channeller in 3000 years, and even he is bothered by this stricture. I'd say that's a good argument for it.

In KoD, even LTT is annoyed when he takes over Rand's body during the Trolloc attack, but can't force his hands to make the motions that he is used to using when making the "blossoms of fire" weaves(i think that is the weave that is mentioned anyway).

It was Arrows of Fire, Dice. He needed to raise his hands, and that brings us full circle again. I don't think he can shoot 100 arrows at a time anymore though, because it was more than just using his hands to direct the weave, or aim, as was suggested earlier; he was firing 10 from each finger, and he has ten fewer fingers now. And I totally agree that Rand won't be needing that weave at TG, in fact, I posted the first reply to this topic and began my post by saying that, and yet, I can't seem to stop worrrying this silly thing like a dog with a juicy bone.

I even thought about it at work today, wondering if, since LTT didn't really "teach" him the weave in the conventional sense, do the limitations still apply? Really, the only teacher he's had has been Asmo, so he should be able to do all kinds of weaves just fine, but then again, if LTT used his left hand for it, would Rand still be able to "learn" it from him, etc. I probably should have been doing my job, instead. :? I hate this topic...I'm quitting this thread!

and he has ten fewer fingers now.

Ummm, exactly how many fingers do you have on one hand Ben?:shock:

I'm sure your signicant other is very happy if you have ten, but most people only have five... (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean....) :D

Back on topic, though, that would meant that he can shoot fifty less, not one hundred...

You are implying that no Aes Sedai could cast the weave without hand motions if she learned the weave using hand motions. That is non-sensical.

It may seem non-sensical to you but that is what RJ has said. If you learn the hand motions at the same time as the weave' date=' you can not, or at least it is much more difficult to create the weave without the motions.

In KoD, even LTT is annoyed when he takes over Rand's body during the Trolloc attack, but can't force his hands to make the motions that he is used to using when making the "blossoms of fire" weaves(i think that is the weave that is mentioned anyway). As it is, we have possibly the greatest channeller in 3000 years, and even he is bothered by this stricture. I'd say that's a good argument for it.[/quote']

That is not what Jordan said in his books. He stated, through use of characters, that it is difficult for an AS to learn a new way to cast a weave. So as far as an AS is concerned, there is no other way.

Archived