DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Questions about WOT

NitroS

Hello im having a few problems understanding a few things in WOT firstly its my first reread of WOT and during the TGH the trollocs wrote on the wall about lord luc and isamal (sp) and i really dont understand the concept of them 2 and slayer can someone please explain?

Another question is how is rand related to Galad his mother was a maiden of the spear, i dont understand how tigraine etc fits into it?

and how did moridin come into it? he wasnt mentioned as a forsaken or anything then all of a sudden came as nae-blis and how does he compare to shidar haran?

Lastly when eliada was showing the seanchan how to make a gateway why didnt she just make one to the white tower and walk through it, as she was given permission to make the gateway i doubt the sudam would have known where it was leading to and the leesh cant stop them from physical movement? also her sudam sufa has she been mentioned before in tgh?

thanks all for your help im a bit of a wot noob.

Hello im having a few problems understanding a few things in WOT firstly its my first reread of WOT and during the TGH the trollocs wrote on the wall about lord luc and isamal (sp) and i really dont understand the concept of them 2 and slayer can someone please explain?

A Myrddraal wrote that on orders, as a threat. We don't really understand the concept completely either, but somehow Isam and Luc were merged together to make one person. We get his (their?) thoughts in WH ch. 22, Out of Thin Air. He still thinks of himself as two separate people in a way. Very strange. Supposedly Ishamael was the one to take them to Shayol Ghul for the merge, but we have no idea what the mechanism was.

Another question is how is rand related to Galad his mother was a maiden of the spear, i dont understand how tigraine etc fits into it?

The story was told in TSR - she left Galad and Taringail to go to the Waste based on a Foretelling given by Gitara Moroso (who also sent Luc off to the Blight). The Maidens who found her allowed her to train to become one of them.

and how did moridin come into it? he wasnt mentioned as a forsaken or anything then all of a sudden came as nae-blis and how does he compare to shidar haran?

Moridin is Ishamael's soul transmigrated into another body. He and Shaidar Haran appear to work together toward the same goals, but Shaidar Haran is essentially the Dark One himself.

Lastly when eliada was showing the seanchan how to make a gateway why didnt she just make one to the white tower and walk through it, as she was given permission to make the gateway i doubt the sudam would have known where it was leading to and the leesh cant stop them from physical movement?

Dunno about this, but Elaida's damane name is Suffa (that's not her sul'dam).

thanks alot one last question how did slayer get the dream spike if hes not a forsaken or anything? or was that someone else who planted it so perrin couldnt leave?

EDIT nevermind saw moridin lended graendel slayer

thanks alot one last question how did slayer get the dream spike if hes not a forsaken or anything? or was that someone else who planted it so perrin couldnt leave?

EDIT nevermind saw moridin lended graendel slayer

Yeah, I was going to say that I thought Moridan gave it to him...

About Elaida and the gateway - its a good idea... But I don't know that it would have worked. She could have at least tried to make a break for it, to jump through the gateway, but I doubt she'd have gotten far. But thats just my opinion... If she had jumped through and closed the gate before anyone could stop her then I guess the gate way closing would have severed the leash. Then she'd have to wait for an AS to find her, because she won't be able to move with the adam around her neck... Interesting...

Still, I don't think she'd have made it far - and she was so beaten down that she really didn't have much fight left - if any...

Here's a question: can Rand ( post veins of gold) still channel the true power? I imagine this is the case given his sly comment to the borderland rulers...not to mention his confidence in walking into tar valon without fear of being captured.

Here's a question: can Rand ( post veins of gold) still channel the true power? I imagine this is the case given his sly comment to the borderland rulers...not to mention his confidence in walking into tar valon without fear of being captured.

The comment to the borderlanders was about when he visited them in tGS. He said he could have destroyed them, in the state of mind that he was in at the time. They said, no, we were under the guardians protection. He said, only the OP, because at the time he could channel the TP. He was not talking about this time round.

About Tar Valon. It is possible, but I dont think it was because he could use the TP. IT was more because he knows who he is and can use Taveren.

I doubt he would use the TP now. He has LTT memorie. There is no way he would even consider using it, even if it meant being held at TV.

Having said that. He may still have access to the TP. I suspect this is one of the reasons why we dont get much Rand PoV in ToM.

The comment to the borderlanders was about when he visited them in tGS. He said he could have destroyed them, in the state of mind that he was in at the time. They said, no, we were under the guardians protection. He said, only the OP, because at the time he could channel the TP. He was not talking about this time round.

About Tar Valon. It is possible, but I dont think it was because he could use the TP. IT was more because he knows who he is and can use Taveren.

I doubt he would use the TP now. He has LTT memorie. There is no way he would even consider using it, even if it meant being held at TV.

Having said that. He may still have access to the TP. I suspect this is one of the reasons why we dont get much Rand PoV in ToM.

I actually subscribe to the theory that it may be necessary for Rand to use the TP to seal the DO back in his cage. And I thought the comment to the borderlanders referred to present circumstances and not tGS but I certainly could be wrong...will have to reread that section.

Thanks for the reply.

It's possible for the Sul'dam she's linked to, to immediately immobilise her, using Suffa's own OP. Or to cut off the Gate instantly.

I don't think she could do it. But of course, she is too smashed emotionally to even try.

I think the reason she didn't do it, is because Elaida is easily controled, because she's selfish and stupid. As for what would have happened, I think Elayne demonstrated that the chain was a formality, and not required.

Archived