DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Newbie with Moraine Question

Ruadhri

Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster.

Re-reading the series at present and got a brain itch from The Great Hunt. Namely:

Chapter 4 - Summoned

"Still," Moiraine said, "three at the same time cannot be ignored. Has any sister been able to do a

Foretelling?" It was a slight chance-few Aes Sedai had manifested any part of that Talent, even the

smallest part, in centuries-so she was not surprised when Anaiya shook her head. Not surprised, but a

little relieved

I think this chapter is Moraine's point of view, but here she appears to say to herself that no Foretelling has appeared in centuries, but she herself was present when Gitara Moroso Foretold Rand's birth.

Is this just an error on RJ's part or has this been discussed before.

Thanks,

Ruadhri

Hey Ruadhri, I think the key word is "few" in the paragraph there, meaning that there were some, Elaida being one with the Foretelling as well...

haha, back to lurking for me so:)

It was bothering me but yeah, you're right, few means some !

Thanks,

R

Are you reading an old copy of TGH? This could be one of those things that got corrected in later editions after later books had stuff that contradicts what was originally written.

I have an old enough copy but I caught it on the audiobook, about tenth listen/read through. At prologue of TSR.

Looooove that book.

Are you reading an old copy of TGH? This could be one of those things that got corrected in later editions after later books had stuff that contradicts what was originally written.

Hi!

Just wondering, why would he have corrected it in later editions? Its not a mistake.

The paragraph says "a few" and we know that Gitara and Elaida are a couple of that 'few'.

I don't think that needs correcting, its not like he said "a few" and then went on to talk about another 53 Aes Sedai with the ability or talent to foretell...

:-)

Archived