DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Att all members: JAPAN EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI

Elgee

As you're aware, a massive earthquake and resulting tsunami has struck Japan. The devastation this has caused is almost beyond comprehension.

If you wish to offer your support in any way, please find information on what/how below.

Tynaal has found the following information:

Places to donate through:

You can donate through text, which will add the appropriate amount to your next phone bill:

America - text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10

Canada - text ASIA to 30333 to donate $5

One can also Donate blood to the American and Canadian Red Cross.

is now accepting donations (thanks, Fnorrll
:wink:
)

Googles Crisis response page:

Kivam has suggested:

Aside from donating funds, picking up a Japanese Penpal might not be a bad idea. (
- click on the "friends" category and narrow the search to Japan)

Should anyone have any further ideas or information, please feel free to post here and I will add it to the list if appropriate.

Elgee

Amyrlin (WTSGL)

I'm already working on the penpal aspect. :) There is another site too.

http://www.interpals.net/index.php

It isn't only for Japanese penpals but there are a lot of people on there talking about the quake. If you register, please send some love to a user named honeyneo if you can. She has such a wonderfully positive outlook and appreciates all prayers and well wishings.

Received these messages from some of the people I contacted in Japan. It really is heartening to see such positive attitudes in people facing such challenges. Thought I would share ^^

From Japan-Guide:

From prometheus1206

Thank you for worrying about the people of Japan.

We are now facing a lot of problems. As one of the japanese people, I am convinced that we will overcome this crisis. When I read your message, I just wanted to say "ありがとう", which means "thank you" in English(It is you've already known this word).

That's all!!

ありがとう。

And from Interpals (this is my favorite)

From Honeymeo:

Thank you !

Im also praying for all of the world. Sure Japan is in so difficult, but desaster happened other places too, for example New Zealand, Sumatra and so on. Victims are also at many place, many battle fields, Tragic drama is not only here. Im learning its important that people give warm heartened each other via this situation. So I hope everyone prays for all of the world.

Mayumi

Archived