DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black Ajah Information Thread

Kathleen

A History Lesson:

The Black Ajah has existed for as long as the other Ajahs; it consists of those among the Aes Sedai ranks sworn to the Great Lord of the Dark. For centuries they have lurked unknown to the other Ajahs, and even after becoming known their existence is denied to the rest of the world. This is to prevent blacking the name of Aes Sedai and to prevent aiding those already campaigning against the White Tower.

The Black Ajah is comprised of Aes Sedai from all seven of the recognized Ajahs. Each Sister a master at dissembling, who are careful to give no outward sign of their true allegiance. Since the founding of the White Tower they have walked the halls and shall for time out of mind.

Just as the young are guided to the seven Ajahs so they are guided to the Black. The Black Ajah network of eyes and ears is extensive within the Tower, and almost nothing can occur on the island without their knowledge. If there are tendencies seen in any woman she is watched until they can be sure of which way she will choose. If she looks to be Black at heart she is approached and guided (this is rarely done as it dangerous, since young women can be fickle); all done with the extreme caution of those used to having to hide in plain sight. On rare occasions there are women that escape the Black Ajah's notice, but in the end it is always known when a woman has reached out to the Great Lord. By swearing an allegiance to him her name is known and passed through secure channels until she can be approached.

With the woman's allegiance already made it is then safer for a casual questioning of her loyalties, done in a way to not raise suspicion. Once the proper inquires have been made, and the right answers given the woman is offered the chance to swear again. This time in front of a Council member where the Three Oaths of the White Tower can be removed and new oaths taken. If the wrong answers are given, or she is found to be unworthy then quiet arrangements are made for her death if she is felt to be a threat.

The Black Ajah is headed by 13 members called the Supreme Council, with one Aes Sedai sitting at its head. Her rule is surpassed only by that of the Forsaken and the Great Lord himself. Her seat is a precarious one riddled with pitfalls and black holes; each mistake a sure step towards death. For the lesser members of the unrecognized Ajah the dance is no less fatal. These members are arranged into hearts of three, where they know the members of their heart as well as one outside. The fewer who know a thing the easier the secret is to keep. It is as much for the Black Ajah's protection as it is the Sister's. However, above all else their loyalty lies with the Great Lord of the Dark which they have sworn to serve. They are broken free of the Three Oaths in order to re-swear new ones. Which sets them apart. Unlike the rest of the Aes Sedai, they are able to utter a direct lie.

The Council is chosen by the Great Lord who obviously knows the identity of every one of his minions. As the Chosen were released there came a choice among the Black Sisters of who to serve, and not all would keep following Demandred. As such, the loyalty of the Black Ajah as a whole is split. They function like a underground shadow alignment with one only common factor - they all serve the Great Lord, but through different loyalties to his Chosen. As such for a chosen to gain control of the Black Ajah in full they would need to gain the loyalty of the full council, a feat yet not archived since Demandred walked the ground alone.

This Thread Contains the Following Information:

Our Members

Our Hearts

Our Oaths

Edited by Kathleen

Members of the Black Ajah

Black Ajah Head OCC: Kathleen

Head of the Supreme Council IC: Alia Mariadoon (Blue Ajah - Sitter) - NSW (currently Kathleen)

Supreme Council:

Character Name (original Ajah)(as a link to bio) - DM Handle(as a link to profile)

- Eqwina al'Caupthn Sedai (Yellow Ajah)(Previously Head of the Black Ajah) - Eqwina

- Cemarillinin Adoa Sedai (Green Ajah) *Serves Rahvin - Liitha

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

11 Open Spots

Sisters:

Character Name (original Ajah)(as alink to bio) - DM Handle (as link to profile)

~ Seheria Mori Sedai (Yellow Ajah) - Kathleen

Aspirants:

Character Name (original Ajah)(as alink to bio) - DM Handle (as a link to profile)

Ex - Sisters:

Character Name (original Ajah) - DM Handle (as a link to profile)

~ Nyssa Deschain Sedai (Gray Ajah) *served Be'lal - Nyssa

Characters who are MiA:

Character Name (original Ajah)(On Council before MiA) - Handle - Last Active (if known)

~ Faerzyne Grigory Sedai (Gray Ajah) -

~ Vera Cadsanome Sedai (Gray Ajah) - Ashara

~ Irina Tenialle Sedai (Gray Ajah)(on Council) - Muirenn

~ Jasmyne Ceres Sedai(Red Ajah) - Tigara - Last Active - Feb. 2009

~ Raeyn Priya Saethyr Sedai (Brown Ajah)(on Council) - Raeyn - Last Active - IC: Jan. 2009 OOC: April 2011

~ Alicatia Sunoma Sedai (Gray Ajah)(on Council) - Matalina - Last Active - March 2011

~ Kate al'Ker Sedai (Yellow Ajah) -Matalina - Last Active - March 2011

Edited by Kathleen
update the MiA list and newly raised Kate

Hearts

**Updating in Progress and subject to change **

If you would like to change who is in your heart PM Kathleen with who you would like in your Heart, or say you want to not be in a Heart yet and we can re work it later.

Character name (DM Handle) - Character Name (DM Handle) - Character Name (DM Handle)

(Known BA out of Heart) (Known BA out of Heart) (Known BA our of Heart)

Raeyn (Raeyn) - Cemarillinin (Liitha) - Irina (Muirenn)

(who Raeyn knows) (who Cema knows) (Who Irina knows)

Alicatia (Matalina) - Eqwina (Eqwina) - Jasmyne (Tigara)

(Seheria - (Kathleen))(Who Eqwina knows)(Who Jasmyne knows)

Seheria (Kathleen) -

(Alicatia (Matalina))

The Oaths of the Black Ajah

**Updating in Progress and subject to change due to more knowledge post ToM**

The woman who is about to become Black Ajah is secreted to the depths of the Tower and there she is bound, and while the 3 Oaths still hold, is asked….

"Do you_________Sedai pledge under penalty of torture and surety of death that the Dark Lord is your Master?"

When she answers ‘Yes' the Three Oaths are painfully removed. From there she takes the Trinity of new Oaths. Each one engraved on her bones with the Oath Rod.

1. I shall swear to serve the Great Lord of the Dark as my true and only Master. Him above all others shall I obey.

2. I shall never reveal the identity of any Black sister to someone not sworn to the great Lord of the Dark. Knowing that my failure in this shall lead to death.

3. I swear that I will never reveal plots, nor plans, that may endanger my new Ajah or any of its members.

Once the Oaths have settled on her she will speak the following pledge to the Highest ranking member of the Black Ajah in attendance.

"The Great Lord is my master, and most heartily do I serve him to the last shred of my very soul. Lo, my Master is death's Master. Asking nothing do I serve against the Day of his coming, yet do I serve in the sure and certain hope of life everlasting. Surely the faithful shall be exalted in the land, exalted above the unbelievers, exalted above thrones, yet do I serve humbly against the Day of his Return. Swift come the day of Return. Swift Come the Great Lord of the Dark to guide us and rule the world forever and ever." <--Taken from the Prologue of The Great Hunt, when Ba'alazamon appears to the chosen 100 in the Heart of Shoul Ghul.

You can find the White Tower site here

• 1 year later...

Lands Ruled by the Shadow

This information is in accordance with the Congress of the Shadow RP Group information. If/when their info changes, this info will be updated to accommodate.

Arafel:

Sammael in Shienar has played the two countries out against eachother, in a new alliance with Semirhage who had to flee Murandy, they togheter rouse a campaign to take both countries, with the war in Kandor aiming their goal.

Cairhien:

---> Fairhaven : a small town, a days ride north on the road to the Jangai Pass. Here lays a shadow run ranch, with 6 PC and several NPC personalties on it.

Fortress:

Home of the Dreadlords can be found in the Blight

Kandor:

200 men is raiding Kandor under the lead of Dagan al'Kar, but under attack of the White Tower and Warders to help free the country. The shadow evacuates in favor of taking Arafel and openly show their control of Shienar

Murandy:

Semirhage is medeling into things here in the aim of gaining control of the king, untill the king was killed by Asmodean trying to assasinate Semirhage under their wedding, both chosen leaving the capitol and wedding in turmoilt.

--->a few days out of Lugard : here lays a small holding with a few farms, a small wood, and a manor house. This technicaly belongs to acolyte Marak, who can claim it when he has finalized his training.

Seanchan:

Graendal and Asmodean has an alliance and is hiding out here meddeling in things.

Seafolk:

'Plans in brewing..info update later'

Shienar:

Sammael rules here

Tarabon:

Hiding place of Be'lal

White Tower:

Home of the Black Ajah

The Dreamworld:

Here you can meet any of the Chosen though some walks it more oftenly then others. Also the following Dreadlord/ladies are all dreamwalkers : Nyssa, M'bela, Ayrik

• Arie unpinned this topic