DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ciao, Ciao!

AshamanLogain

Hello Everyone. Just popping in to say hello and introduce myself. I actually signed up on Dragonmount ages ago, but never posted or participated in any of the forums -- Just merely read commentary and looked up various bits of information.

In any event, I've been reading WoT on and off for seems like ages now. It started sometime while I was in college; I'd read a book, then move onto another series (or get distracted by life, work, school, etc) while I was waiting for the next book to be written. In between I'd often re-read previous Jordan books or read other authors like Terry Brooks or David Eddings. However, since the announcement that Brian Sanderson was going to finish Jordan's work, I eagerly awaited what was in store for some of our favorite characters. I slowly began to "get into it" again and very much enjoyed the last two volumes.

I just finished the Towers of Midnight this past week (10 pages at a time so I could fit in between my law school studies) and simply cannot wait for the next book to come out. I'd be somewhat sad once the story is concluded, but I had read on a few sites that Sanderson (with the permission of Jordan's widow, Harriet McDougal) could possibly following the series with a number of smaller, character specific books that would take place in the world after Tarmon Gai'don (what would happen to Perrin [and Faile] as Lord of the Two Rivers and Steward for the Dragon in Andor? Would Mat leave the Westlands and live with Tuon in Seanchan? Will the events of Tarmon Gai'don affect/create any possibly storylines with Shara, the Land of Madmen, etc).

I hope that Harriet does give Sanderson such permission because I feel that there is still so much story to tell, and even if the next book is 2,000 pages long, I can't imagine the questions and curiosities of Jordan fans will be completely satisified.

That's all from me. I look forward to "getting to know" some of you and wish you many hours of pleasurable reading!

Welcome Nico to Dragonmount, I hope you stay and post amongst us, we are always pleased to see new members (no matter when they joined). If you have any questions about the boards then just ask. Please feel free to have a look around, we have discussion boards, for WoT, Current Affairs, Mafia Games, Social Groups and Role Playing area if you enjoy writing!

Have fun!

Welcome Nico to Dragonmount, I hope you stay and post amongst us, we are always pleased to see new members (no matter when they joined). If you have any questions about the boards then just ask. Please feel free to have a look around, we have discussion boards, for WoT, Current Affairs, Mafia Games, Social Groups and Role Playing area if you enjoy writing!

Have fun!

Hi Talya. Thank you very much for the kind welcome and will be sure to reachout with any questions or comments!

Archived