DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Carlinya's fate and Min's visions

Wheel of Thyme

Hi all.

I cant find a thread for this, and havent found it discussed in detail, so here goes. Min sees Carlinya with tattoos of a Raven, indicating the Seanchan Empire in some fashion. We all know what happened to Carlinya, she died, and so Min's foretelling appeared to be wrong. Or was it?

It was reported Carlinya died during the Black Ajah's attack while everyone was in the World of Dreams. But, what was NOT stated was HOW she died. People are assuming she died fighting the Black Ajah.

My supposition here is that Carlinya's sleeping body was killed by a Seanchan bloodknife, thus making Min's Raven tattoos a correct vision as the Bloodknife warriors are property of the Seanchan Empire, may it live forever.

Thoughts comments, etc?

This is possible but it's certainly not how it was presented. If she was murdered by a bloodknife there would be knife (or some other) wounds on her. This is not mentioned.

BS repeatedly RAFO'd questions about this which makes it somewhat unlikely it was a bloodknife IMO. They are all dead now and it's hard to see how some info on the subject can be naturally mentioned in aMoL.

Still, it may be a possibility. But raven is also a symbol of the shadow so it could just mean Black Ajah. Whatever it is the explanation will be quite contrived. I can't help wondering if this was not a mistake with a somewhat plausible explanation cooked up afterward.

Hi all...yes, that is true, raven = symbol of the shadow. I had indeed forgotte; thank you for the reminder. But Min saw it as a tattoo, so while I agree that the Raven = shadow has allot of merit, and the simplest answer is often the best one (Occam's razor) I wonder if Min saw the tattoo that those who are property wear?

Hi all...yes, that is true, raven = symbol of the shadow. I had indeed forgotte; thank you for the reminder. But Min saw it as a tattoo, so while I agree that the Raven = shadow has allot of merit, and the simplest answer is often the best one (Occam's razor) I wonder if Min saw the tattoo that those who are property wear?

RJ once equated the mark that Shaidar Haran put on Alviarin with a tattoo. So something like this may be involved here too. It could even be that Alviarin was the one that killed Carlinya. She was there at the fight in TAR.

here is the quote

Q:Is the mark that Alviarin received from Shaidar Haran the same as that the Forsaken received from the Dark One? If so, is she now a Forsaken, or some sort of lesser Chosen?

A: The mark that Alviarin received from Shaidar Haran was not the same as that given to the Forsaken, though it shares one function: Shadowspawn will recognize her as belonging to the Dark One. They will not obey her as they will the Forsaken, however, but she doesn't have to worry about one trying to kill her, either. She is not any sort of lesser Chosen. You might think of it more like the tattoo some people get put inside the ear of their dog, an identification so others will know who the dog belongs to as soon as they see it.

Archived