DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The ending

Elan Tedronai

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have it backwards, haloun. He said that if both were used both would have been tainted, but he did say that the circumstances had to be exactly right.

I don't see why we care about what BS said. RJ explained it thoroughly in TSaSG.

Had the seals been placed by a circle comprised of men and women together, might the men, or even saidin itself, have been protected in some fasion from the Dark One's counter stroke? Or would saidar have been tainted as well? The last possibility is enough to curdle the coldest blood, yet the fact is that events transpired as they transpired, and such speculation is no more than a fireside game to frighten the gullible. Those I speak of will know who I mean.

It's my favorite WoT quote because I think he was speaking directly to Dragonmount. :laugh: Anyway.....

If you put that together with "the Fateful Concord" (the fact that they call it "the Fateful Concord") it makes me think that if the women had participated there would have been no taint. All the best tricks back in the AOL were pulled off by linking between men and women.

I noticed that several of you hold the view that saidar would have been tainted as well, just wondering why you are all so sure of that?

but..:wheel:.."the wheel of time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again." he will get another chance. he only has to win once, old ishy/moridin is right about that. :sad:

This has always been confusing to me. The DO has won before! Right? It's right there in the first book... I'm tempted to say in the prologue, "You think this battle has lasted 10 years? It's lasted thousands of years, we've fought thousands of times... sometimes the Great Lord has turned you to his side" or something to that effect. Or maybe it was Ba'alz talking to rand in a dream a little later in the book... I'm sure that somebody told somebody else (lol) that the DO had turned the Dragon to the Shadow before. Maybe he was lying, but I believed it.

The way I see it, if Rand wins... great, the wheel will turn. If the DO wins, same thing. I'm hoping for a Dark Tower-esque cyclical ending. Rand will defeat the DO, and everybody will come give him hugs. Then he'll wake up, and it will be the morning that he and his da are heading into Emond's Field. He'll finish up the morning chores and hit the road... the end. Or rather, the beginning.

but..:wheel:.."the wheel of time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again." he will get another chance. he only has to win once, old ishy/moridin is right about that. :sad:

This has always been confusing to me. The DO has won before! Right? It's right there in the first book... I'm tempted to say in the prologue, "You think this battle has lasted 10 years? It's lasted thousands of years, we've fought thousands of times... sometimes the Great Lord has turned you to his side" or something to that effect. Or maybe it was Ba'alz talking to rand in a dream a little later in the book... I'm sure that somebody told somebody else (lol) that the DO had turned the Dragon to the Shadow before. Maybe he was lying, but I believed it.

It depends on the definition of winning. IIRC, RJ said that a situation where the Dark One "wins" could be classified simply as a stalemate, where the side of the Light lost their champion (the Dragon was turned) or was unable to do anything beyond maintaining the status quo. So the Dragon has been turned before I think, but all it's led to is a return to where everything was before.

Someone feel free to back me up/disembowel my argument, I'm honestly not sure if I remembered the quote correctly, or if there even was a quote.

Telaranrhiod automatically reflects what is done in the waking world. So if the Bore is sealed in the waking world, it would also be sealed in Telaranrhiod.

Also, things created in Telaranrhiod are not "copied" to the waking world. A few scenes show this.

The adam Nynaeve placed around Moghedien in Telaranrhiod was not there when both of them have exited Telaranrhiod. Fires of Heaven

The Bela Egwene created in Telaranrhiod was not there when she returned to the waking world. Lord of Chaos

Archived