DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WOT fans honor International Woman's Day: join us!

Mystica

WOT Fans honor women in the fields of

Education, Science and Technology

How about you?

Each year the Red Ajah from Dragonount organises an event called International Woman’s Week. Traditionally this occurs in the week leading up to the real life International Woman’s Day event on 8th March and is generally centered around the theme of the year set by IWD.

This year, we celebrate the 100th anniversary of IWD and our expanding our own IWW to two weeks with an extra week for a real life, WOT-wide activity. All Wheel of Time fans are invited to join us and participate in this event.

We call upon any Wheel of Time fans (male or female) who wish to do something more than discuss gender issues on an online community forum.

What can you do?

Organise a small activity to celebrate and honor the women in your own local environment who are active in the fields of Education, Science or Technology.

Find out more information on how to get involved and participate on the IWW Website.

Your activity will be added to the site and linked to the official IWD site.

Yours in the Light,

Mystica Ari’Yena, Dragonmount Red Ajah Head and TarValon.net Green Sister

well you ladies deserve to be in the spotlight, so I'm very pleased that this is this year's theme. Working at a university myself, these topics are very close to my own heart as well.

While most people will think that the events should be organised by people not in those fields, I would encourage you to organise your own little 'we're the best!' activity for yourselves and your colleagues. Or you know, subtly poke your entourage towards the idea and let them do the work while you bask in your rightfull place of admiration and appreciation.

:biggrin:

Or you know, subtly poke your entourage towards the idea and let them do the work while you bask in your rightfull place of admiration and appreciation

Or just beat them over the head until they realize you are right. :biggrin:

Activities are coming in! Are you part of them?

Archived