DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bandit Bashing

devon

So here is going to be our next division wide rp. I've set it up so that anyone from trainees to grandmasters can participate. If you have any concerns or comments, post below so we can fix those before we start. Anyways, onto the outline!

I. Riding Out

As part of a routine training expedition, several warders and Tower Guards ride out with a group of trainees into the countryside around Tar Valon for a multiple day patrol. This is to teach them about scouting and moving in the wilds as a group. But after two days following the river, they run into something terrible.

II. A Disturbing Discovery

The group comes across a merchant wagon train that has been attacked by bandits. There are many people dead on the ground and in the wagons, and the place is a mess. From the looks of it, the merchants had surrendered after their guards had been killed, which makes the scene even worse. The Guards and Warders decide to head out and find those that were responsible for this, but decide to leave the trainees behind to keep them out of danger.

III. Captured!

The bandits return after the departure of the Guards, and surround the trainees. Seeing the Flame on their equipment, they decide to take the trainees as hostages and hold them for ransom. They bring them to their hideout, which is a crudely formed wooden compound, complete with a wall.

IV. A Rescue

The Guards return to the caravan and find the trainees gone. Seeing the signs of a struggle, they follow the tracks left by the bandits, and arrive at the compound. Waiting until nightfall, they sneak into the bandits lair and free the trainees.

V. A Way Out

Alarms sound as the trainees are freed, and there is no choice for the group from Tar Valon but to fight their way out. Tower Guards, Trainees, and Warders fight side by side, until they defeat the bandits. Horses are taken from the stables, and the group returns to the Tower, where a party is sent to deal with the aftermath of the ordeal.

It is a pretty simple rp, but should make for a lot of fun. I'll give people a short amount of time to make comments/suggestions, and then post the first thread. Trainees will receive a WS increase of 1 for participating in this, as will any Tower Guard/Warder whose WS is under 18. However, that increase only happens if you stick with the rp to the end, so don't be lazy!

Edited by devon

Sounds good.

I just have one question: I have WS 2 so what can I do, not do, and how best to reflect it in my RP? I looked around and didn't really find what I was looking for. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Might get back if any suggestions pop into my fuzzy noggin. But it seems good to me.

Sounds good.

I just have one question: I have WS 2 so what can I do, not do, and how best to reflect it in my RP? I looked around and didn't really find what I was looking for. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Might get back if any suggestions pop into my fuzzy noggin. But it seems good to me.

Here is the Weapon Score system

http://drpsw.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Score_System

Unfortunately there is no description for WS 2 but by reading the others I'm sure you can get an idea.

The best way to think about WS, at least for the lower levels, is to imagine yourself using a sword. You know all the basics, such as where to hold it, which parts are sharp, and could probably swing it around without hurting yourself, and even defend yourself a little bit in a fight. That is WS 1. Now for every WS after that, just imagine being taught things like forms and footwork, and go from there. With this rp, I wouldn't imagine the bandits to be expert swordsmen, in fact, they would probably be nothing more than thugs with blades. The probably would only have a WS of 4-5, so it wouldn't be odd for you to hold your own against them, or to assist the fully trained people out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another reminder!

I think I will post in this as soon as I can. Hopefully some other people who were in it can post again and catch up! And hopefully the same people that have carried through can also!

I know that training day rp is going to get really exciting though hahah! Plus I have an rp that is one of my character's developments. So I apologize if this gets the back burner sometimes.