DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Robert Jordan the physics major

Monte

Robert Jordan has a degree in physics, as is well known, but I wanted to point out I found it very interesting how much of that he does incorporate into Wheel of Time.

It basically starts out in TGH when the travelling stones are basically implied to be a portal to the multiverse, and there are so many more interesting tidbits in the books from there on. I don't remember which book it is in, I think KoD, but two white sisters are discussing mathematics, and using other terms, but they are clearly discussing dimensional physics and arguing about the rationality of the math, just like real life physicists have been with the superstring theory and other theories for decades. Can you guys think of any other clear references to this important part of RJs past? I know there's more, but I got a memory like a siv.

Robert Jordan has a degree in physics, as is well known, but I wanted to point out I found it very interesting how much of that he does incorporate into Wheel of Time.

It basically starts out in TGH when the travelling stones are basically implied to be a portal to the multiverse, and there are so many more interesting tidbits in the books from there on. I don't remember which book it is in, I think KoD, but two white sisters are discussing mathematics, and using other terms, but they are clearly discussing dimensional physics and arguing about the rationality of the math, just like real life physicists have been with the superstring theory and other theories for decades. Can you guys think of any other clear references to this important part of RJs past? I know there's more, but I got a memory like a siv.

I don't know if this counts, but when Rand visits ''The School'' we see things like a Steamengine being built. If you're interested in this sort of thing, it'd probably be fairly interesting to chat with Browns and Whites.

- Fish

Archived