• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

oh, may i just say, lovely drive home in the winter wonderland early snow squall hopefully not quite a blizzard.

last time it snowed this hard this early was the week before halloween in 1993. you all may be too young to remember that year. but. wow. that was winter. 5 feet of snow on the ground from november through may. 3 day blizzards with a day or 2 break in between max, each one dropping 3 feet of snow minimum on the mountain where i was living. so windy, and such small, sharp bits of snow they cut your skin. so cold, got down to 35 below many times, your eyes would freeze shut. had to get boots for the dogs ot their paws would freeze and crack as soon as we walked out the door. electric out 5 days in a row. front end loader destroyed trying to clear the road enough for the plow.

was on a first name basis with the plow guy cause i had to walk the dogs when i heard the plow, or there was no walking through that kind of snow. had to keep bringing straw and blankets and fod and hot water to the neighbor's dog who was tied up outside the whole winter. cause they were evil.

and hard frosts, 4 of them after the snow melted, right through june 22nd. had to replant the frakking garden 4 times, and it frosted again on september 21st so near total loss. and winter started right back up nearly as bad in november 94, but petered out a little earlier.

and it followed a fall exactly like this one.

and this is what i'm expecting.

except this time i have to drive in it. instead of bouncing off the walls doing the happy blizzard dance like i did that whole winiter. love a low pressure system.

um, yeah. tl;dr. don't bother. it's probably better not to know.

where are you tonight, bob dylan

There's a long-distance train rolling through the rain, tears on the letter I write.

There's a woman I long to touch and I'm missing her so much, but she's drifting like a satellite.

There's a neon light ablaze in a green smoky haze, and laughter down on

Elizabeth Street

And a lonesome bell tone in that valley of stone where she bathed in a stream of pure heat.

Her father would emphasize you got to be more than street-wise but he practiced what he preached from the heart.

A full-blooded Cherokee, he predicted to me the time and the place that we'd part.

There's a babe in the arms of a woman in a rage

And a longtime golden-haired stripper onstage

As she winds back the clock and she turns back the page

Of a book that nobody can write.

Oh, where are you tonight?

The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure, to live it you have to explode.

In that last hour of need, we entirely agreed, sacrifice was the code of the road.

I left town at dawn, with Marcel and St. John, strong men belittled by doubt.

I couldn't tell her what my private thoughts were but she had some way of finding them out.

He took dead-center aim but he missed just the same, she was waiting,

putting flowers on the shelf.

She could feel my despair as I climbed up her hair and discovered her invisible self.

There's a lion in the room, there's a demon escaped,

There's a million dreams gone, there's a landscape being raped,

As her beauty fades and I watch her undrape,

But I won't, but then maybe again, I might.

Oh, if I could just find you tonight.

I fought with my twin, that enemy within, 'til both of us fell by the way.

Horseplay and disease is killing me by degrees while the law looks the other way.

Your partners in crime hit me up for nickels and dimes, the man you were lovin' could never get clean.

It felt outa place, my foot in his face, but he should have stayed where his money was green.

I bit into the root of forbidden fruit with the juice running down my leg.

Then I dealt with your boss, who'd never known about loss, who always was

too proud to beg.

There's a white diamond gloom on the dark side of this room and a pathway that leads up to the stars.

If you don't believe there's a price for this sweet paradise, just remind me to show you the scars.

There's a new day at dawn and I've finally arrived.

If I'm there in the morning, baby, you'll know I've survived.

I can't believe it, I can't believe I'm alive,

But without you it doesn't seem right.

Oh, where are you tonight?

Edited by cindy

Yeah, I created a google account a while back, and I used it to log into Google+, and it's never logged me out..... XD And I'm too lazy to log out myself. XD

I've never noticed how it personalized google searches before now, though.