• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Mmm... seems more likely that your password for Yahoo was hacked. This wouldn't be from a virus or a worm. I don't have an iPad, so I can't recommend an anti-virus, but they are pretty darn secure. The infrastructure is such that the operating system will only allow code that is from the App Store to run on it rendering the need for antivirus moot since bad code wouldn't be allowed to run, especially if it is something as simple as sending out spam mail. I'm sure there are some bad stuff, but it is probably a lot more malicious and probably aimed at corporate ipads.

Change your password to something secure and figure out if the problem continues.

it's a trojan worm, i guess? he says they get in without the password... it was secure. i changed it to something else secure. but he says they've got some malware in there now, and though this mailing was harmless there's nothing to stop them putting something harmful in the next one. he says they only access the address book, nothing with the password, and he's kind of a hackery trolly old guy so i believe him...

this thing has gone around everyone from my family's stupid website... and now the world... really sorry world, i always knew my family would lead to armageddon somehow...

thanks very much for the support and good wishes, tho :)

my fingers are crossed.

All right, fair enough. I work as an IT Administrator for a fortune 500 company and have a degree in Computer Science. I've never seen an effective Trojan or Worm for the iPad that attacks at a personal level, but I guess this could be a first. You have my advice. :cool:

Mmm... seems more likely that your password for Yahoo was hacked. This wouldn't be from a virus or a worm. I don't have an iPad, so I can't recommend an anti-virus, but they are pretty darn secure. The infrastructure is such that the operating system will only allow code that is from the App Store to run on it rendering the need for antivirus moot since bad code wouldn't be allowed to run, especially if it is something as simple as sending out spam mail. I'm sure there are some bad stuff, but it is probably a lot more malicious and probably aimed at corporate ipads.

Change your password to something secure and figure out if the problem continues.

it's a trojan worm, i guess? he says they get in without the password... it was secure. i changed it to something else secure. but he says they've got some malware in there now, and though this mailing was harmless there's nothing to stop them putting something harmful in the next one. he says they only access the address book, nothing with the password, and he's kind of a hackery trolly old guy so i believe him...

this thing has gone around everyone from my family's stupid website... and now the world... really sorry world, i always knew my family would lead to armageddon somehow...

thanks very much for the support and good wishes, tho :)

my fingers are crossed.

All right, fair enough. I work as an IT Administrator for a fortune 500 company and have a degree in Computer Science. I've never seen an effective Trojan or Worm for the iPad that attacks at a personal level, but I guess this could be a first. You have my advice. :cool:

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png