• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Sounds awesome! And the way you say it with such disdain.. very author-y.

>.>

*in a snooty, stuffy, half-British accent*

Mmyeees, I am preparing for when I'm famous, with a thousand books to my name and the whole world as my fandom...

(NaNo is fun, you should do it!!!)

none of us as individuals can do what he does, but he rallied everyone together, and everyone did his and her bit. i didn't do much at all, but still, it was a comunity effort

I think it takes a lot of stamina and/or free time. The Spamathon 2009 thread was deleted, so I don't even know how many posts it had anymore, but it was really long, and done in under a year....that took a lot of energy, but was fun. It usually takes a lot of dedicated individuals, or else someone to kick them all in the butt.

I've been digging through the Adopt a Plot thread on the NaNo forums, which were wiped clean about 5 days ago when the new site got put up....The thread's already full of great ideas. I'm stealing so many; I'm not sure which one I want to do this year!! :laugh:

Oh, I know, right? Writing books is hard for me because I lack the same thing that makes me only a mediocre chess player--the ability/desire/motivation to think ahead. I am great at coming up with characters, worlds, and conflicts. Not so great at coming up with solutions to those conflicts, and plot resolutions. XD I'm also not so great at thinking of all the layers that can go into books.

I'm determined to learn through practice, but at the moment I think the only way I could successfully be published at this point is if I were to do all the actual writing for a story completely the brain-child of someone else. If someone came up with the plot and all that jazz, I could totally do it. Like a plot kit for writers or something. XD

Yup, I'm subscribed to Writing Excuses on iTunes. Also, since I started listening around the 5th season, I'm going through their website and downloading all the earlier ones, too. I've definitely learned a lot about writing from them already...there's just a lot of stuff that I think most people consider intuitive or whatever, that don't come easy for me...though, who knows? They may have addressed these issues in the podcasts I haven't heard yet. :laugh: