DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[s]Goal: 100,000 New Goal: 200,000[/s] New Goal: 250.000

Toy and Minion

ok, it could be way worse.

not here, here it's as bad as it gets. but in terms of waking up to the cold.

i love those silly reality house series on PBS like frontier house and such. and 18th, 19th, up to mid 20th century history and lit in general.

so i know i could, and in another life probably did, wake to a really icy cold house (i still do remember waking to an unheated huse in the morning and how cold the floor was under my bare feet until someone started the boiler). and i could be having to get dressed with stiff cold fingers trying to button hooks on my boots and lace up layers of corsets and pinnafores and dresses and skirts and on and on... and oddly no actual underwear as we know it today... weird that...

and then have to go out to the woodpile and drag in kindling and split some logs if they weren;t already and restart the stove fire or worse the drafty fireplace, and god forbid the banking hadn;t preserved a good ember.

and wait for it to heat up whatever water i could find after breaking through the ice in the bucket or rain barrel.... or just knocking icicles from the roof, or worse dragging the axe and ice sack to the pond...

mostly you'd just have to break the ice in the washbasin and brace yourself and wash as best you could with that...

so... a hot shower in a house that is, in all honesty, above 60 degrees except near the windows, is pure luxury.

but... i think i may have to watch frontier house and 1940s house again just to remember how lucky i am and to remenisce about how lucky they would have been. in completely different ways.

• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

normal has been ruled out.

it is the black tower. normals don't come here.

and that 1 - 10 pain scale.... i deal with that a lot, and every time i see someone calling this o that pain a 9 or 10.... i just have to think to myself, that person has never dropped something really heavy on their toe.... let alone felt real pain.

they should demonstrate real pain by nerve conduction before the ask the question.

it involves needles and electricity.

it is not nice :baalzamon:

but for someone who thinks a 24/7 headache is a 10/10 pian, and they're conscious and writing about it...

they need better understanding of the pain scale.

at 10/10 you don't function beyond possibly banging your head on the floor to make it stop. but normally youd be incapacitated by 7/10.

the can on my toe was the worst pain i ever felt, so much pain it stopped hurting and the other foot hurt instead.

and i wouldn't give that more than a 6/10. and that was before the kidney stone... gah. thta would be a 7.

i'm assuming birthing a live human would get up a little closer to to 10 than any of that.

but the boo boos and backaches and all... don't tell me 10/10 if you can still walk.

Edited by cindy