• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

So is this going for 100,000 pages or posts? I'm confused..

And Meesh, What's up with your jaw? (sorry, I couldn't read more than 2 pages of this thread, if it's buried in there it's gone as far as I'm concerned :P. [Alcohol may or may not be playing a major role in this mindset])

It's going for 100,000 posts, Gadi!

And welcome!! :laugh:

Well, that's what I'm speculating about, actually. I know I have TMJ (tendomandibular joint disorder or something like that), so my jaw hurts pretty regularly, but this feels like an injury more than something being out of place. XD

Not like I've been doing anything to injure it. >.>

According to Wikipedia:

Symptoms associated with TMJ disorders may be:

Biting or chewing difficulty or discomfort (CHECK! Can't chew gum anymore, actually)

Clicking, popping, or grating sound when opening or closing the mouth (yuppers...usually the popping)

Dull, aching pain in the face (sometimes)

Earache; particularly in the morning

Headache; particularly in the morning--(I do get headaches a lot, but usually sinus-related and not in the morning XD)

Hearing loss

Migraine; particularly in the morning

Jaw pain or tenderness of the jaw (all the time)

Reduced ability to open or close the mouth (this last spring, I couldn't eat a lot of things for about a month because I couldn't open my jaw wide enough)

Tinnitus

Neck and shoulder pain

Dizziness

Edited by mmeeshal

*huggles Song*

It's one of those things you get used to after a while, but still don't really like at all. XD But I think the most annoying thing is when I'm eating food, and my jaw pops. Used to drive me crazy that I could hear my mom eating from across the room (she has it too), but now I do it too! XD Not as bad as her, fortunately, but still. >.>

I don't even really think about it except when I'm eating, actually. XD Talking doesn't exacerbate it, fortunately.

Man, I love that word. Exacerbate. >.>

Yeah I was going to be surprised if it was 100,000 pages- that's alot of spam (kind of why I was rooting for it in the back of my dome.) Daaang though that's rough. I broke my jaw a couple years ago in a fight and it hasn't really healed right (my jaw tends to open to the right- stage left since then.) Is there something you can do to help with temporomandibular joint disorder or is it kind of like, "whelp, good luck chuck. See you around"?

We could aim for that if 100K posts isn't hard enough in the end, of course... XD

Ouch! My dad had his jaw broken in a car accident when he was...20? I think? But it healed all right; they had it wired shut for a long time and everything. XD Ate everything through a straw. Did they do that for you, too?

Well, as far as I know, there's nothing really to do about the disorder itself. I've found some jaw exercises that are supposed to help with the worst of it (as a prevention thing, mostly), but usually all you can do with TMJ disorder is treat it symptom by symptom. Like when the joint was out of place for a full month this last year, we finally got it back into place with lots of massage and moving around of the jaw (OUCH), and basically I was told not to open my mouth much and ice it a lot to help keep it in place. XD

It's like "Find out what works to make the pain go away. Rinse and repeat." XD

Phew, like majorly ninja'd. XD

That's a fun word.

Speaking of words, do you ever use a word so much that when you say it one time too many it doesn't even sound like a word. That happens to me all the time. I'm like that sounds funny. I blame the taint.

Yup! Happens to me all the time.... "Weird doesn't sound like a word!!! What the heck!!!" Yeah.... I try not to do that. It makes me lose my grip on reality for a second. XD

if exercise doesnt work and it wont theres various repair, reconstruct surgeries that can be done. see an orthopedist.

For TMJ disorder, or the broken-jaw-not-healing-right thing?