DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2010 Top Singles - It's a Knockout (Winner: Airplanes by B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams)

Corki

When We Collide

OMG! I EFFING LOVE MATT CARDLE!!!! HE IS A GOD AMONG MORTALS!!! HIs voice is like velvet caressing my cheek, his lyrics expose the inner workings of my soul. 100% Matt Cardle!

jk, it sucked.

Telephone

Lady Gaga is the queen of the new style, this electric dance-pop club track is a brilliant new wave stemming from her genius. Not only do I love her music, but I love how she dresses. Phenomenal!

jk, Lady Gaga sucks too

Neither

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just getting ready to book my plane ticket to America so I could find Krak and beat the living daylights out of him! He survives...for now!

And as you can probably guess, my vote is for Lady Gaga.

Round 2, Tie 1

Love The Way You Lie by Eminem feat. Rihanna (1)

So, in the UK, Eminem's song Love The Way You Lie featuring Rihanna, was the biggest selling single shifting 854,000 copies, despite not topping the UK Charts. Released in August 2010, it peaked at number 2 in the UK, but did achieve various number 1's around the world. It has so far won 5 of the seven awards it has been nominated for, with possibly more at the forthcoming Grammy's.

vs.

California Gurls by Katy Perry feat. Snoopy Dogg (8)

Katy Perry ended up with 5 singles in the top 40 sellers during 2010. Her highest was the electropop song California Gurls, which was released in May 2010. Including the UK, the song reached number 1 in 10 different countries. I personally think the video is quite risqué (and some of the lyrics as well!), it is definitely very clever. The song received mixed reviews, some liking its sounds and choruses, while others called it "relentlessly mechanical" and criticised her vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ICZlm5v6A

Voting ends Monday 24th January 2011 at 11pm (GMT)

So, with just under 50 minutes to go, we have a tie thanks to Impy's vote. And if we do not have a winner in 50 minutes time, I get to cast the deciding to vote.

*rubs hands with glee*

:biggrin:

To be honest, it doesn't bother me that much in this It's a Knockout.

Seeing as I think one or two songs are passable and the rest are RUBBISH!

I reckon Corki should roll for who gets the winning vote in a tie. That makes it random... :biggrin:

And many thanks to our special guest judge, Kathana! And I also have our next special guest judge lined in case of a tie - and that doesn't mean deliberately voting to make a tie!

And with Kathana's deciding vote, I Love the Way You Lie wins by 3 votes to 2, and takes their place in the semi-finals.

Time now for the next second round tie.

Round 2, Tie 2

Forget You by Cee Lo Green (14)

Forget You is the name of the radio edit version, removing the expletive from the song's title. The single was released in August 2010 as part of the promotion for Cee Lo Green's third album. The song proved popular across the globe with many top 10 chart placings, and topped the charts in the UK. The song has since been nominated for Record of the Year and Song of the Year at the 53rd Grammy Awards.

vs.

Everybody Hurts by Helping Haiti (10)

Following the destructive earthquake that hit the Caribbean island of Haiti on 12th January 2010, the music world got together to release a charity single. The song picked was Everybody Hurts, R.E.M.'s song from the early 1990s. The idea was that of the then British Prime Minister Gordon Brown (good riddance - couldn't help it!). Simon Cowell (serial music destroyer) was the man who got the artists together. About 205,000 copies sold in 2 days, with a reported 435,000 in the first week, making it the fastest-selling charity record of the 21st century in the UK. Enjoy playing "guess the artist"!

Voting ends Tuesday 25th January 2011 at 11pm (GMT)

Archived