DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will Rand pick Moraine to use Callandor?

Lupy

No one mentioned that Moiraine was needed to "save the world".. doesn't that mean that she will be used with Callandor.. its not like she will save the world healing people in the battle.

She will be used in the circle. After everyone finishing shitting their pants when she arrives back in Camelyn.

I suspect that she has some sort of knowledge or plot token gained Finn through her from wishes and questions that will be the final clue/piece Rand needs to figure out how to reseal the Bore without tainting saiden and saidar.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Moraine has been the one who was willing to do whatever it took FTW. She is the one dedicated to finding, shielding, teaching, and preparing Rand for what was to come. Also, he trusts her. So if Collandor does act on need or desire, then Moraine would be the one to weild it through Rand.

Before entering this thread, I also thought that it would be Rand, Nynaeve and Moiraine using Callandor.

Now, however, after reading few posts, I think that Lanfear actually might be the 3rd instead of Moiraine... Only problem with that is whether or not Rand trusts Lanfear enough to let her in the circle...

Just to throw in something else. The events of the last battle were already firmly decided since the beginning of the series. I think there is a quote of RJ saying something to the affect. So what does this mean... It means that I am nearly 100% sure that the main individuals of the last battle were all in the tEotW. When did Alivia first appear? The two characters who were the most alike and with the most tension between them in the 1st book were Mo and Nyn.

For some reason, I have always pictured them wielding Callondor at the last battle. But, I must say I think Lanfear might also be one of the women in the circle. She has played to large a role throughout the books not to play a major part at the last battle. Hopefully, it will be for the good.

Just to throw in something else. The events of the last battle were already firmly decided since the beginning of the series. I think there is a quote of RJ saying something to the affect. So what does this mean... It means that I am nearly 100% sure that the main individuals of the last battle were all in the tEotW. When did Alivia first appear? The two characters who were the most alike and with the most tension between them in the 1st book were Mo and Nyn.

For some reason, I have always pictured them wielding Callondor at the last battle. But, I must say I think Lanfear might also be one of the women in the circle. She has played to large a role throughout the books not to play a major part at the last battle. Hopefully, it will be for the good.

RJ had the whole series planned. Saying that Alivia will not wield Callandor because she isn't in tEotW is like saying Cadsuane isn't important because she didn't appear until ACoS.

Mo Knows .. cryptic? I hope so..

"What did you ask for" Mat asked. "Beyond the angreal?"

She smiled. "I shall keep that to myself, for now*. You do have my thanks, young Matrim. For my life."

*she implies she's gonna spill, just not now. Mo' never implies like that (that I recall) so we'll/they'll sho' nuff' find out what she asked for.

She needs to find Rand, she goes on to say, because Rand will need her help. And I think ... in more ways than one.

• Min has been researching how to fix the bore. Mo' will give her a key piece of the puzzle.

• Egwene needs to be convinced to go along with his plan .. Mo, who Eggs admires and in my opinion sometimes emulates, is central to that sticky wicket.

• Between what Moiraine knows from the Aelfin and her own research, she's going to say something which triggers the revelation in either Rand or Nynaeve, that Nyn's newfound ability to remove the taint from a mans coconut is what's needed to help seal the bore... which in truth, is closing a rent in The Pattern.

There really is not much of a reason for that ability to have been showcased the way it was unless it's to do with "rubble, residue (DO spew)" etc. that needs to be removed before the "Pattern Patching" can be done. Picture it like mold,mildew, black slime or what have you, around the bore and to MY mind is what's corroded the seals. (and NO it's not visible, I'm speaking metaphorically .. before the Doctoral Candidates get started)

So Nynaeve for certain gets included in the circle. Moiraine's a definite maybe, depending on how/when her knowledge comes to the fore. If she spills all before the actual "Strike" gets underway she may not need to be in the circle. If Avienda takes a grip on the "dingus" and tells them what it Is/Does/What's Up With It.. then maybe She's the 3rd.

Of course this is all just my speculation, so I don't need detailed rebuttal's as to why my head is stuffed securely up ... well, you get the picture.

Honestly, I thought the Rand, Moiraine and Nyneave trio would tie things up nicely considering how we started this long and wonderful journey in TEotW.

Also having Alivia on defense/offense like she was at the Cleansing would be incredibly smart. She probably learned a thing or two from her confrontation with Cyndane, add a Paralis-Net and POSSIBLY some long overdue lessons from the Wondergirls (in the weaves Alivia does not know--the ones they wrung out of Moghedien)she'd be far more useful than as a saidar battery/buffer.

Some posters have supposed that the actual confrontation between the Light and the Dark will be completely different than we think, some short of battle of wills augmented by the Power. At Shaol Ghul the Pattern is thinner enabling The Dark One to exert far greater control over the surrounding area than other places, so it may be possible for him to drag Rand & Co. into a Tel'aran'rhiod -like situation.

If this is the case I could not think of a better trio than R M N. Nyneave with her passion to Heal the world, Moiaine with her life long quest to save the world and of course the Bodhisattva himself, Rand.

There are a handful of other women that have been remarkable for their willpower and resolve, but I'm sticking with Rand, Moiraine and Nyneave for 2012.

I know he planned the story well. All I meant was that it is likely that most major players at the last battle would have been introduced in the first few books. I mean there aren't many characters with major roles that weren't mentioned in the first two books. And considering that the books were firstly planned as six books (Correct me if I'm wrong), it is not unlikely that extra characters were forced into the story. Again, this does not mean that I think RJ did not have them planned from the start. I just felt like throwing a random idea into the ring :)

Archived