DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Testing

Burgandy

This is typical from Egwene, she had shown quite a few times in the series she cares more about her selfish goals than her friends. So nothing surprising really.

This time though it's not just selfish, it's really stupid too. Risking the strongest channeller the Aes Sedai have in such a test, the one among them who the Dragon Reborn trusts the most, with the Last Battle about to start any moment,is just idiotic on so many levels. The possible gain is microscopic compared to the risk involved. It's another example of how wrong the priorities of the White Tower still are, for all the talk about change from Egwene.

Couldn't agree more. And my love for Nynaeve greatly increased when she pointed out to Egwene how wrong-headed the White Tower's priorities are.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is typical from Egwene, she had shown quite a few times in the series she cares more about her selfish goals than her friends. So nothing surprising really.

This time though it's not just selfish, it's really stupid too. Risking the strongest channeller the Aes Sedai have in such a test, the one among them who the Dragon Reborn trusts the most, with the Last Battle about to start any moment,is just idiotic on so many levels. The possible gain is microscopic compared to the risk involved. It's another example of how wrong the priorities of the White Tower still are, for all the talk about change from Egwene.

Couldn't agree more. And my love for Nynaeve greatly increased when she pointed out to Egwene how wrong-headed the White Tower's priorities are.

Same here. It did drop half a tier though for not raising any objections to swearing on the binder for me though. Granted, this still leaves Nynaeve as the greatest female Aes Sedai in WoT for me. You just can't beat Nynaeve's passion and dedication to her loved ones and friends.

Same here. It did drop half a tier though for not raising any objections to swearing on the binder for me though. Granted, this still leaves Nynaeve as the greatest female Aes Sedai in WoT for me. You just can't beat Nynaeve's passion and dedication to her loved ones and friends.

Later on, Siuan mentions Nynaeve has been glancing down at her GS ring a lot since being raised. Siuan takes this to mean that Nynaeve is "obviously satisfied to have passed the testing and taken the oaths". Instead, could it also be possible that she's regretting it or wondering if it was worth it? We don't get another point of view from Nynaeve after she visits Myrelle, so I think it'll be interesting to see what she's really thinking about it.

Nynaeves test was passed, does it really matter how she got there? The Aes Sedai seemed to be implying that the journey is more important than the destination.

I think that as long as you make it to the destination, the direction you take really doesn't matter

I'm going to completely disagree with you here.

"Journey before destination", "The road the hell is paved with good intentions", etc.

Archived