DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

T'A'R eyes

Zyntras

hello, i only recently found this site and decided to join you ;p

and i immediately have a question for you ;p (i have looked in the forums but did not find anything that covers this question :o )

the unseen eyes in TAR:

they have been mentioned a nubmer of times in different chapters/books

but only when the pov was on one of our female heros

have they ever been mentioned by perrin/rand ? (or a forsaken for that matter.. but they dont count for we can't know if they KNOW what it is)

perhaps its a stupid first question ever ;p but it bothers me ^^

Sarty

I think there is a specific thread for discussion about the Unseen Eyes of T'A'R. The BUT thread is a good thread, but a specific one is better I suppose. I don't remember it being stated somewhere (and Luckers can dig quite deep into the books to find an information. I even believe he found all quotes related to the Unseen Eyes) that the men felt them. It is a good point. Could mean a lot!

If your looking for theories on things, check out the Dragonmount Theory Database. Only mine at this point, though I hope to expand soon--that being said, I've been accused of being comprehensive in my nerdiness.

For the short though, my work on The Unseen Eyes of Tel'aran'rhiod

Wait, were they accusing or complimenting?

well I dont think rand or perrin mention them because they are so focussed on doing sometihng, whereas the women show up and just sit aroudn so to speak. Most the time we see Rand in Tar he is chasing someone and perrin has the wolves to guide him (plus the one that stands out is the hunt for faile).

Could the eyes be because of the collective conscience of humanity is connected to tar? and thus on some level are aware of it. . . although I have the feeling that tar is like the internet and dreaming people are computers connected to it, as in the internet only exists so long as there are computers connected to it.

The unseen eyes aren't mentioned untill book 5 and then they're eventually referred to as normal. I agree that the men already seem a little freaked out there anyways usually. On the other hand RJ has usualy made a point of mentioning eyes despite the action of a scene, when he felt it was pertinent, like in Shaddar Logath. If he left it out for the guys, there was probably a reason for it, because he almost always mentioned it (if not always) in the there after for the women.

The unseen eyes aren't mentioned untill book 5 and then they're eventually referred to as normal. I agree that the men already seem a little freaked out there anyways usually. On the other hand RJ has usualy made a point of mentioning eyes despite the action of a scene, when he felt it was pertinent, like in Shaddar Logath. If he left it out for the guys, there was probably a reason for it, because he almost always mentioned it (if not always) in the there after for the women.

The unseen eyes are first mentioned in book 4. And I'm not sure you can say it is stated to be normal--its constant, yes, and the women come to expect it--but they never stop being unnerved by it, and we do not know that it is something that should be present in TAR, just that it is.

The unseen eyes are first mentioned in book 4. And I'm not sure you can say it is stated to be normal--its constant, yes, and the women come to expect it--but they never stop being unnerved by it, and we do not know that it is something that should be present in TAR, just that it is.

I meant to say that RJ normally mentions it. It's always there.. in fact doesn't it seem to be there since they went into the crooked ter angreal? maybe it's those slippery snakes and foxes watching them.

Archived