DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A new beginning (Namo, Elamie) - FINISHED

Mystica

*namo croutched for many minutes without speaking just gathering his thoughts in a mind that was so surreal to the outside world that he did not notice the uncomfortable glances coming from the the brothers and sisters that sat by him. oh father, mother. what would you say if you saw me now. well theres no need for you to answer that. i have put shame on this family and have gather much toh. i shall change my ways as much as i can. letting a smile touch his lips he calmly opened his eyes and looked toward the people waiting for his answer. "i do not know if you ever met my parents i for sure didn't but that does not change the fact that they went to war and left the waste to obtain the honor for the aiel. but they were robbed of the chance to leave the dream with honor. in the battle they were shot from afar with men who dipped there arrows in poison. it is impossible for me to leave the waste and find the killers. and if i could they would be nothing but old men. and there would be no honor in killing them now. so i have decide to do the next best thing. i have been looking for a way to cancel out the affects of the snakes venom. plus it is worth quite a bit. now you may find this disgusting but i am fine with be held in rejection. if i ever need to defend my honor in a battle to the death i will give the person the choice to fight traditionally with hands spears or knives and they may dip their blades in poison so first blood means victory. now i know most aiel would never do such a thing but there is a chance that a wetlander army will try and conquer us. i am not a fighter in mass melee. of to the edges is were the blood will flow if the dream does make it so. now for the third reason. the snakes my allies they offer there venom to me with out a hint of fear or anger they do not strike. we live in a balance they do not bite me and i do not bite them. they are amazing creatures." with that his gaze dropped away lost in thought mulling over the possibilities of a cure pulling out the mixture of paste and venom he reopened the bite wound and rubbed some on. feeling a slight burning sensation that he immediatly filled away. i shall apply this for 2 weeks then put a small amount of venom in my veins. sitting there he just laid back and thought watching the clouds somber and happy inside. well this wasnt to bad i guess. i wonder what the furture will hold i have a feeling this age will be like no other.

She listened silently to Namo's story and nodded her head when he got to the point where he wanted to find antidotes for the various poisons from snakes. An honorable and very valuable pursuit. Many Aiel woke from the dream from poisonous bites and it was always such a waste. There was no honor to be found in such a death. When he finished, she looked at him with sincere and serious eyes.

"You follow an honorable path, young warrior." She said when he was finished. "Your studies will undoubtedly prove very valuable to our brothers and sisters in times to come. Do not dismiss the murderers of your parents so easily though. While they may be old by the time you meet them, it may still be that you can avenge your mother and father in an honorable manner. But that is for another time." She smiled lightly and added, "As for any wetlander army trying to break the spears... none have ever succeeded and none ever will. We will make sure of that, you and every Aiel warrior in the Treefold land."

She watched as he set to work with the paste and then went to take the first guard of the night.

The following morning the trainees once again worked together to prepare breakfast and were given the task of storing the packs and securing the water for the way back to the hold.

"You have made it to the Oasis," she said once they were ready to go, "now it is time to head back to the hold. Yorn and myself will not aid you on this return trip. It is fully up to you to see us home safe." Of course the adults would not let the kids get killed, but she didn't tell them that. Believing that their lives lie in their hands now will make them that much more attentive and alert. She hoped.

*namo woke and helped break camp replenishing his stock. after smearing the trail antidote onto his arm he got up and walked over to elamie making sure he got her attention and slowly lowered himself the ground keeping eyes to the ground. he smiled all the while for this felt right. it is time mother and father for me to repay the toh my mistakes have put have put toward this family. speaking with his head lowered in a proud voice he spoke. "elamie maiden of the spear i have toh towards you for my actions on this trip. i offer my mind in body to repay this toh. do what you see is fit." lowering his head even more he waited for the answer to his punishment. i really do hope i can repay the toh i have against her.

Blinking slightly at the unexpected turn of events, Elamie looked down on the young man. He had some strange ideas about ji'e'toh, this one.

"You have no toh towards me, young Namo." Elamie said in a solemn voice. "Show me that you have learned something on the return trip and that will make this experience worth while. To both of us." She went silent a moment and then added, "it is good, however, that you recognise your responsibility and take charge over the consequences of your actions. Therein lies the way to great honor. Rise, Namo and let us speak of this no more." Her eyes locked with his and she nodded, then turned and waited for the youngens to take charge of their return trip.

The others had politely kept their distance and pretended not have even seen what occurred between her and Namo. To let on that they had seen or heard would shame Namo and they did not wish to do that. Yorn stood watching the horizon, a desert cat, patiently waiting for what was to come.

It was time for the trainees to take charge.

standing tall and proud, namo looked around him and felt so much better with this burden lifted from his shoulders. he would show these warriors what the next generation can do. after they got there bags packed they took to the trails. namo just hung back and let the big trainee take the lead which is what he clearly wanted. many hours passed and they just kept running. up ahead there was overhanging cliff that looked suspicious to namo. looking over to elamie and yorn they were also uneasy about the this obvious ambush position. noticing that the kid was not going to go around and planned to straight through like the brute that he is, he slowly eased the two daggers that hung from his belt. he slowly pulled the small throwing knife from his sleeve and held it ready for anything. looking back from were they came he saw nothing and thats when he heard it. the soft growl and then seconds later mahiko's shriek. after that it all became a blur that his mind struggled to comprehend. the blood and the scream. within seconds of the shriek a small cayote leaped from the top of the cliff facing taking the girl from the side with her head smacking against the ground hard. namo looked back and saw two more running towards elamie and yorn. looking back he saw a pool of blood rushing from the girl and she wasnt moving. he saw the boy backed against the wall fighting against the the cayote that killed the girl. pulling the knife he had in his sleeve he flicked it to the animal taking it in the shoulder pulling the big knife he ran towards the wolf and slipped it in the side of the animals ribcage turning from the boy he snapped at namo who slipped back and struggled to hold back the powerful surging jaws.

ooc: so can we have me fight the kid and have it were i break his arm. or is that god modding or whatever it was

Edited by amegakure

Elamie noticed with satisfaction that Namo regained his self-confidence and she allowed herself a small smile. It took courage to admit one's mistakes, which was of course why it was part of Ji'e'toh. They set off at an easy jog and kept it going for several hours when she noticed the youngsters heading towars a spot in the desert that was known to experienced Aiel as a hangout for desert wolves, also known as coyotes. She exchanged a worried glance with Yorn who nodded but didn't speak. The youngsters were tasked to see them home safe and while the adults were ready to face what came, it was up to the trainees to learn the sometimes hard lessons of the Treefold land.

Suddenly a shriek came and a coyote launched itself to the girl who smashed backwards with her head against one of the rocks. Elamie took care of two other wolves heading towards her and Yorn while he sprinted off to see to the girl. She hated killing these animals, who's only crime was to try to survive in a desolate land much like the Aiel were, but it was over in all but five steps. The two bodies of the wolves forgotten at her feet as she turned towards the rest of her company. Namo was struggling to keep the wolf that had cornered the other boy from biting him while Yorn was investigating the headwound on the girl. A large spot of blood lay at her head and she appeared to be dead.

Elamie danced in front of Namo and in one flued motion thrust her spear through the wolf's throat. Namo was panting behind her, his eyes aflame with anger. A quick look in the direction he was staring at told her his anger was aimed at the other boy. Now what was that all about? Dismissing the thought for now she joined Yorn to see how the girl was doing.

"She's still breathing" Yorn said, his voice icely calm. "But she needs a Wise One immediately." They were still a full day's travel from the Hold but there was nothing for it.

"You two, the training is over. Collect your things and make sure you keep up." Elamie's voice brooked no nonsense and her entire body language conveyed that she would not put up with any resistence. "Run as you have never ran in your life! And you stay right behind me! If I see either of you so much as think of doing anything else but following, you'll be old men before you'll ever be allowed to touch a spear!" Yorn carefully lifted the girl after securing her head, that was now wrapped in tight cloths from his backpack. At once he set off in a straight line towards the hold. "You two stay in front of me. Well? Move!" She snapped as they stared at her unbelieving.

Their party launched in a sprint such as only Aiel could manage under the glaring sun.

'The Light send we're not too late' She prayed.

OOC: you can have your fight with the boy if you like once we're back in the hold. It can be a nice closer for this RP.

Namo stared at the girl and with all his might he prayed that she would make it through the day. after he recovered from elamies harsh words he ran like he had never done before. his heart was pounding. his anger was boiling over the the girl and the fact that she might not make it. ill kill him. ill let his blood spill into the sand. thinking on this he let his nerves settle. i must be calm and focused. hate can not be on my heart, only judgement. letting his mind drift until he couldnt think of nothing but running faster and faster. shutting out any outside barriers. after the sun had revolved around the sky and almost about to sink below the horizon. he became aware of elamie shouting at him to get the wise ones. taking off he ran through the hold which lay about a hundred yards ahead of them. blasting through the hold until he found his beloved wise ones. the all important wise ones. he opened the flap to the wise one tent and felt the stares of the wise ones. lifting his head he said " there is a girl who has suffered a mortal headwound about 9 hours ago. she needs help or she will die. with that he ran back to assist elamie with finding a place to let the girl lie.

ooc: do you care if she lives or dies. if she dies it will help my case with fighting the kid.

*namo sighed in relief when he saw the wise ones rush towards the girl. but all it took was the look on the oldest ones face to tell him the news was not good. the wise ones ushered him and everyone else out of the tent. namo looked up to sky his heart was pounding in the fear and anticipation for the outcome. his thoughts were like the sand that made up the waste. never forming into anything sold. it was all a jumbled mess. oh why must this happen just have her be alive or dead. this waiting is taking for ever. he grimaced as he tripped on a root. he lay back against a rock and saw elamie calmly waiting. he must do the same. this carried on for many hours. at about 1 in the morning he woke to the stern voice of a wise one speaking to elaime. "how did this happen" the wise one said in a cold voice. Elamie shook her head and spoke in a forlorn voice "it was an accident the young ones were taking charge on the way home and we were ambushed by some desert wolves. they took the girl by surprise." Namo shook himself and looked around. he saw the boy and yorn standing by elamie and the old wise one. all at once the events of the day struck him. in a panicked tone he asked. "what happened to the girl." the wise one just shook her head and it didnt make any sense to namo. finally elamie said. "she has woken from the dream namo. there was nothing they could do to stop the bleeding in her head.

Namo went slacked jawed with shock at hearing the very fist human being besides elamie that he had felt even a spark of trust to had woken from the dream so early. his head turned and he spotted the boy. his muscles tensed. his anger at this fool was so much that it overwhelmed any thoughts of self awareness and broke barriers he never knew he had. the time for judgement was over it is the time for blood. a low growl came from namo's lips but that was all that had time to escape before he launched him self through the air. and hitting the boy right in the nose. he brought back the right hand and threw it back 4 more times before the other boy realized he was being attacked. Namo rejoiced in the sounds of his fists thudding of the boys face and the breaking cartalige. he barely felt the blow to the face but he new his nose would never be straight again. he spit out one of his teeth and brought his fist up into the boys chin. the boy responded by trying to tackle him to the ground. namo stepped back and brought up his right knee hard. the boy wobbled but picked up namo and slammed him on his back. grabbing the boys arm he twisted and rolled him over then pivoted pulling the kids arm out far to the side and laying on the kids chest and held the arm tight and put massive amounts of pressure on the kids elbow. thats when he heard elamie yelling for him to stop. but the was no stopping now with a violent jerk he pushed the kids arm in a direction it wasnt suppose to go and he relished in the sounds of cracking bone. thats when he felt himself getting thrown to the ground some yards away by yorn. with a cruel and blood thirsty smile on his face he panted and just looked at elamie. wondering what she would say.

ooc: you can reply or i will do it in the morning but im to tired to finish.

Elamie stood, waiting for the outcome of the girl's faith. To the outside world she was calm, collected and alert. The perfect vision of a Maiden of the Spear. Inside, however, a storm raged. She battled with the enormity of her toh towards the girl's parents, towards her spear sisters. Aiel learn from the moment they could speak that all must wake from the dream and for the Aiel warriors especially it was a normal part of every day life. But Elamie had never before lost a young one in a training session. And to wake from something so useless! She recalled the girl's friendly face, how eager she had been to join the Maidens someday. This girl would have become one of her own sisters, and Elamie had had a feeling she would have been a great asset to the Maidens. In no time she had managed to bring Namo out of his shell, a feat Elamie hadn't been able to do in days of spending time with the boy. What a loss!

Yorn stood beside her, his face unreadable but his eyes hard as stone. They both refused to sit and stood, two silhouettes, standing guard against the wind and the sand. A silent tribute to the girl's spirit. They did not speak, for there was nothing to say until the wise ones came to bring the news. Hours passed and suddenly one of the wise ones approached and Elamie knew, the girl did not make it. Yorn's shoulders slumped slightly. The wise one inquired what happened and Elamie reported the events, since Yorn was still not speaking.

Suddenly there was a growl and a thud and when she looked over, Namo was fighting with the boy, obviously blaming him for what happened. Yorn launched himself at the fighting pair and threw namo off the boy, but not before he broke his arm. Elamie focussed her attention on Namo, knowing the wise one and Yorn would see to the other boy. She noticed with shock the murder in Namo's eyes and worse, the glee at the other boy's distress. He looked at her then, his vision changing, a silent question forming. 'He feels he did the honorable thing, avenging the girl' She realised silently. She approached him as he stood up, blood dripping from his nose.

"Why did you do that?" She demanded and shook her head when he answered the boy was responsible for the girl's death. "The boy did not kill the girl, Namo. She fell and hit her head on a pointed rock. Those coyotes would have killed him much more violently if they hadn't been stopped. Do you believe the boy led the way to his own death on purpose?" Namo stubbornly held on to his need for vengence but couldn't break free of Elamie's staring eyes. They didn't judge, but demanded honesty from him. Slowely, ever so slowely, he lowered his head. The truth of the matter sinking in and the injustice of his action taking hold. "You know we all must wake from the dream, Namo. When a young woman or man chooses to be trained to become one of the Aiel warriors, that is the first thing they are taught and the first thing they must accept. Not all wake from glorious deeds and many do so in useless ways and àlways it is a waste." She didn't mention that the blame lay with her, for that was a private matter between her and the girl's family, "I am sorry for your pain and feel it myself, Namo." She said in a gentle voice, "But this behavior can not be allowed. You can not attack at random and lay blame where no blame is to be laid simply to feed your need for vengence. Remember the girl, Namo, and become a man she would have been proud of. Honor her memory in how you live your life until the dream ends and you join her in the life beyond the dream."

Yorn and the wise one walked up to them, Yorn carrying the boy, and the wise one addressed Namo. "Report to my tent immediately and wait for me there, Namo". The wise one's voice was unaccusing, yet firm and brooking no opposition. When wise ones use that voice, Clan Chiefs jumped, so Namo jumped and was running in the direction of the wise one's tent before her words were done forming.

Shaking her head with a sad sigh, the wise one motioned for Yorn to move towards the wise ones' camp and followed without another word to Elamie.

The Maiden stood still, her mind going over the events and trying to figure out how to address the toh she had to the girl's family. Around her, the Hold buzzed with activity, as life continued in the Treefold Land.

OOC: This RP is finished. Don't forget to post a link to this RP in Namo's record thread at the Training Ground, Amega.