DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pillars of the Earth

Krakalakachkn

Has anyone been watching this?

I'm hooked after the first episode.  It's pretty much everything I hoped The Tudors would be.  I realize the subject material is different, but I'm still disappointed with The Tudors despite them having such good source material.

It's a Starz 10 episode mini-series.  It's based off a best-selling book by Ken Follett.

Here's the Starz description:

This epic tale of passion and greed begins when a mysterious secret disrupts the succession to the English crown and an unlikely member of King Henry’s family takes the throne. A power struggle between Henry’s daughter, Maud, and nephew, Stephen, causes England to be torn by war as battles rage for the rightful heir. Meanwhile, Bishop Waleran Bigod and the Hamleigh family manipulate the conflict to satisfy their own ruthless ambitions. Within this tumultuous setting, Prior Philip fights insurmountable obstacles to keep Kingsbridge and his dream of building a magnificent cathedral alive. The task is daunting, but master-mason Tom Builder, his gifted stepson, Jack, and noblewoman Aliena work together to achieve their dreams. And in the process, the long-hidden secret is revealed.

• 6 months later...

Damn I hate when I never hear of these things because I live in a backwater, sports and gossip obssesed country like NZ! (not that sports and gossip aren't good in small doses, but when it's the only thing in the news apart from which politition is under investigation for the latest bullshit thing they've found to accuse everyone with).

When did it actually start being shown in, i'm guessing, the States?

A.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived