DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

July's Exchange: BOOK SWAP!

U4ea

So, while I know we're most of the way through July, I thought this one might be fun. We have been trying to do a book swap for YEARS and never actually got one going. I'd like to change that (and maybe make this an ongoing thing?)!

Here's what I would like.

Option #1: The Real Book Swap- ongoing exchange

If you're interested in participating, create a list of books THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE AND ARE WILLING TO PART WITH and post it here. If someone's interested in one of your books, they let you know. You find something on their list that looks interesting and... YOU SWAP! You mail them the book they want, they mail you the book you want. Everyone gets a new book and all it cost was shipping. Even better, you can ship them media mail (well, they are books!) and it won't cost you as much!

Option #2: Traditional Exchange- July only

If you're interested, sign up here. You'll be paired with someone who will mail you a book! The delicious part of this is that you won't know what's coming and it's totally at the discretion of the person putting it in the mail! This is a great way to share addictions and to learn about the person on the other end of the mailing swap!

So, what appeals to you? Would you be more interested in Option 1 if it was more of a "lending library" than a permanent swap? Are you interested in either of these swaps? C'mon, you can tell me... *bats her eyelashes*

Maybe either way we go we should get to choose if we want a surprise or want to choose from a list? Because I could see myself doing both, but probably trying the random book first =)

I would love to make this continuous, but that depends on how many others are interested =)

I'd love to participate in this one.  Books are my favorite addiction!  But sadly I think it's just too hard to do at the moment.  The postage to and from Australia can be a bit of a bugger and we have a lot of stuff going on right now, financially.  I hope everyone enjoys their new reads!  We should start a thread where people talk about what they received and whether they liked/disliked it.  That way we can all get some new book ideas!  :)

Archived