DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will Future Randland Channelers Desire To Be Aes Sedai?

gambril

Read the sentance properly.

I disagree, In my opinion the White Tower has done its job better than the United Nations. In my opinion you should all stop criticizing it.

Seems fine to me... modified it to show that what he says his his opinion, does this make it better? although the "so stop criticizing it" was a bit forceful.

Sigh... thats the point. He wasnt saying " I disagree, i dont think they did to bad because..."

he said, "I disagree, they did better than the UN. So stop critizising it"

Really, there is no opinion in there, he is saying, this is how it is, so stop arguing about it. Really, therse a big difference.

If if said, "I disagree, they did better than the UN." well, as you said, it sounds fine. But the added sentance really doesnt make it an opinion

Sorry, I am not intentionally being venomous. Just a bit annoyed at the moment (nothing to do with the forums)

So im not trying to be offensive.

I understand. I am quite hungry, nothing to do with the forums, but I could really go for some pizza.

I see your point and agree mostly. I just think the whole "that's your opinion" response is rampant at the moment.

Anyway back to the topic on hand, I think a oath not to intentionally deceive another would remove most of their trust issues, and having this oath for 100 years might change their way of life enough that removing the oaths altogether would work out.

YOu are most likely right, just me being annoyed haha :D

Its just ive seen a lot of people get confused (in particular people new to the forums, and im not just talking baout dragonmount, but forums in general) and think that that particular response was true, and later got into arguments with others because of them thinking that someones opinion was fact. It causes alot of confusion in some cases, which could be prevented by just putting "in my opinion", its not that hard.

Plus, it was the fact that there was no further evidence.

It wasnt "They did better. See when this, this and this happened...."

It was simply, no, your wrong, stop arguing about it.

Anyway, thats my two cents  :D

IN response to your reply about the actual topic, I agree, it would solve most of it. It pobably is the most realistic outcome stated on this topic. Take little steps. The fact is, the damage is already done. So, instead of saying what they shouldnt ahve done (Ill admit that is what i was saying), your suggestion of eventually regaining credibility is the most sensible as I see it.

however, on the other hand, instead of having to bind themselves against deception, why dont they just not do it like other people.

Haha, but yes, i think your point is the most sensible and realistic thing to do. (however, I cant see AS taking that oath)

Archived