DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

why did the bordland armies travel to caemlyn?

is agelmar (of shienar) a darkfriend? what was that episode all about with his wife, liandrin and sending the ladies of shienar looking for rand and friends in the second book? did she make darkfriend signs to agelmar's wife or was it just a threat of being darkfriend

No Liandrin manipulated Agelmars sister by taking advantage of shienars reverance of aes sedai and her fear of being accused a Dark Friend, then Liandrin used her version of compulsion. None of this points to Agelmar or his sister being a darkfriend. There is something really suspicious about davram bashere though; maybe hes a Light-heart Darkfriend? I think the borderlander situation is that the borderlander rulers have some kind of pledge to follow the dragon that has been passed down since the breaking. I think Lan knows about it but he didnt think it was his place to tell

No Liandrin manipulated Agelmars sister by taking advantage of shienars reverance of aes sedai and her fear of being accused a Dark Friend, then Liandrin used her version of compulsion. None of this points to Agelmar or his sister being a darkfriend. There is something really suspicious about davram bashere though; maybe hes a Light-heart Darkfriend? I think the borderlander situation is that the borderlander rulers have some kind of pledge to follow the dragon that has been passed down since the breaking. I think Lan knows about it but he didnt think it was his place to tell

I think the Shadow need Bashere where he is to give the Borderlanders something to get annoyed about, ie him making an army out of Taims leftovers.

About the question of why the Borderlander would go away stripping the border with the Blight : in fact, they left enough soldiers to stop anything but another Trolloc War coming on them.

That's the problem. They believe another trolloc war is coming. They're hunting down Rand because he's ignoring the Borderlands and Tarmon Gaidon is approaching. More than that, all their rulers have left too. So somebody must be manipulating them.

Plus tGS prologue. We have gathering farmers with scythes made into blades and polearms. And I don't think there will be only two with their wives (I even considered this gathering beeing triggered by Nyn visit in the Borderlands. She was speaking of Tarmon Gai'Don on the message she forwarded...)

The farmers we saw in the prologue were pretty ignorant of non-local affairs so I don't think they'd know much about Lan other than maybe a rumour that the Golden Crane was flying. I would say this is the fulfilling of the prophecy that Rand was breaking all ties and oaths. People are almost compelled to get up and leave - they're flocking to specific areas now. We saw this early in the series with the dragonsworn but it's very possible that this was not part of the prophecy but was just somebody manipulating the masses to cause trouble (we know somebody was manipulating Masema too).

Still, I can see the Borderlands being emptied of soldiers and their experienced rulers so that they would fall in quick attacks out of the Blight at the start of Tarmon Gaidon. Lan's ride to Tarwin's Gap would completely counter that plot with a last stand of the Malkieri.

Whats suspicious about him, if I may ask? He seems like a pretty awesome guy to me and as far as I can hasn't done remotely anything suspicious. Loved the guy for not being afraid to tackle Rand during the Seanchan invasion of Illian.

Whats suspicious about him, if I may ask? He seems like a pretty awesome guy to me and as far as I can hasn't done remotely anything suspicious. Loved the guy for not being afraid to tackle Rand during the Seanchan invasion of Illian.

while he does have balls, I too think theres something fishy about him. although he isnt a DF because if he was then the shadow would have ordered him to hand over the seal instead of ransacking his tent

while he does have balls, I too think theres something fishy about him. although he isnt a DF because if he was then the shadow would have ordered him to hand over the seal instead of ransacking his tent

But what though? I am legimately curious about what Bashere has done that makes him fishy, because it means its something I have obviously overlooked.

But what though? I am legimately curious about what Bashere has done that makes him fishy, because it means its something I have obviously overlooked.

its just a feeling I get about him, nothing based on hard fact.

Archived