DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cuendilar armour?

Fains nose

Ya, in a lot of battles then mention this person or that having armor.  None of the main characters are wearing it because it adds to their manly factor.  And it might bog down the story if RJ had to start describing armor on top of all the dresses and what not.

And to those who keep saying full plate armor would be fused together, who said the plates can't be made one at a time?  The armor doesn't have to function like regular armor, it only has to be as thin and conceal as many gaps as possible.  Good planning of each piece, along with excellent measurements, could make some awesome armor.  A master craftsman could make some highly effective cuendilar armor, while the simplest of designs, or even most generic, could just cover the vitals.  Elayne likes to make stuff, I bet she would like designing a set that could cover just about everthing but sight, and not have to get fused together at the end.

Power wrought vs. Cuendilar.  We haven't seen anyone learn the weave for power-wrought yet, so for now, it would be easier for Egwene to make Cuendilar armor/weapons. (I could be forgetting something here though)

Lan does. He has one in New Spring. First chapter if I rememeber correctly.

Mat deliberately doesn't wear armour because he doesn;t intend to get involved in a scrap. "A general who draws a sword and puts aside his baton becomes a common soldier" - shades of Grant there.

Every army except the Aiel do wear armour.

We've even got descriptions of the differences.

(The Sharans of course, will wear silk instead)

Ya but they're older men, Rand mat and perrin subconsciously both feel foolish for wearing armor, since none of them feel like soldiers or like warriors from legend.  Rand hasn't reconciled his legend with his vulnerabilities either.  Which is why he used to take some unnecessary risks like a child does(though he wasn't as bad as the wonder girls I think).

Ya but they're older men, Rand mat and perrin subconsciously both feel foolish for wearing armor, since none of them feel like soldiers or like warriors from legend.  Rand hasn't reconciled his legend with his vulnerabilities either.  Which is why he used to take some unnecessary risks like a child does(though he wasn't as bad as the wonder girls I think).

agreed, plus the older folks they have strength trained with armour on. (reason rand isnt as bad as wondergirls in the stupid risk taking is cause he knows he needs a backup weapon source other than the OP)

• 3 weeks later...

Rand hasn't needed armor up to now, hes been running from or after Forsaken (and thats pretty hard to do while wearing 50lbs+ of metal). Mat doesnt wear armor yet, but he will, an ornate lacquered Seanchan design. And Perrin's a berserker so doesnt wear armor and never will.

Archived