DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What about Jorlan Corbesan?

Demiandre

He is simply outraged at people's prejudice and narrowmindedness that's all. And their resistance to change also.

There was no implication that he wanted to waste time finding some super ter'angreal genius.

He is simply outraged at people's prejudice and narrowmindedness that's all. And their resistance to change also.

There was no implication that he wanted to waste time finding some super ter'angreal genius.

This isn't what I wanted to say. I never mention Rand wanting to find a ter'angreal crafter, I just said that as RJ wrote sometimes, the mere fact that Rand thinks there could be another Jorlan Corbesan among those killed (weel, even if they commit suicide, it is for the sake of their comrades, and they are sometimes pushed to it, so it could be seen as killing), reborn and or, someone not related with an identical Talent to balance the one of Elayne (every wonders of Randland have been made by Male and female Aes Sedai working together)

It's like in the Path of Dagger, Egwene saying to Siuan that Elaide could already have done something to Rand, like kidnapping him, or  Morr saying that he isn't mad, and Rand wondering if he is aware of the wine Taim gives to the mad ones (and at the end of the book, Morr gets insane and is beeing given this particular wine by Rand)

That's called foreshadowing, and there's a lot of it in the books.

huh... That's it! I didn't found the word. I had foretelling in mind, but it's not the same. I thought about forewriting, but it sounded weird. So I paraphrased it (does this exists as a word??).

And it beeing seen in almost every books (or all?) makes it even more plausible, no?

That's called foreshadowing, and there's a lot of it in the books.

huh... That's it! I didn't found the word. I had foretelling in mind, but it's not the same. I thought about forewriting, but it sounded weird. So I paraphrased it (does this exists as a word??).

It certainly does!

And it beeing seen in almost every books (or all?) makes it even more plausible, no?

Certainly very possible. I've learned to look carefully at these almost-too-casual comments or PoVs, to try to see where they may be pointing. I've missed a lot of them, even so!  :(

It certainly does!

I know it exists in french, but I wasn't sure it did in english. It just seemed awkward for me...

Certainly very possible. I've learned to look carefully at these almost-too-casual comments or PoVs, to try to see where they may be pointing. I've missed a lot of them, even so!

The very first we learn of is Mat, all the way back in tEotW, saying : Battle interest me!. It's a paradox, as he is said to be the son of battles by the finns, but he also hate battles and always try to avoid them.

It could be long to make a list of all of them. I will have to set this task to someone sometime (if I could find someone unemployed and who has already read the books at least one to remember it happening in the next books...) :D

yeah the series is full of them. Have started rereading the series and have almost finished the first book and even that is strawn with alot of stuff. For instance, Mat gets one of those polehoop things around his neck from the Trollocs and spends the rest of the book rubbing at his neck. Its minor things like that that make the series awesome :P

A male <i>ter'angreal</i> maker popping up this late in the story - in light of the great deal of foreshadowing we know RJ to undertake - would be highly unlikely. Cool, but it would have to come from left field (unless left field is somewhere we've been introduced to!)  :D

Good train of thought, though!

Archived