DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prince of the Ravens?

sumquy

Yeah Tom, imagine a boyish ice queen who could kill you with her bare hands. Not to mention her damane, and her Deathwatch Guard, and her Gardeners, and then Selucia.

Are the Gardeners affected by the Longing? You can't kick ass if you're suddenly feeling weak.

Mat might start dicing with them. ;D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Tom, imagine a boyish ice queen who could kill you with her bare hands. Not to mention her damane, and her Deathwatch Guard, and her Gardeners, and then Selucia.

Nah, I'm just talking her personality and character.  What's to love?  The woman just bothers me.

So lets say that Mat ends up leading the Seanchan armies. How is Aludra going to react to that? Does he lead them after she gives him some Dragons? In her rage does she unknowingly give Dragons to one of the Forsaken? Does she knowingly go over to the Forsaken, just to see her Dragons used against the Seanchan? How does Mat handle having to fight against Dragons?

Man, Mat sure knows how to upset the women in his life.

Oh, I wasn't serious about that, I understand why damane make for a better discussion topic (seeing as how the practice will likely influence the way the Last Battle is fought).

But more to the point, the characters themselves make a lot more fuss over damane than they do da'coval. Settle argued the former point endlessly with Tuon, but there's no mention of the latter making it into one of their 'discussions'. I just think the real problem with Seanchan culture is that they're used to viewing other people as their property; leashing channelers is just another symptom of that.

Setale does argue against it. Perrin is disgusted by the way the Seanchan treat people. Mat helps Julian rescue Amathera. Etc.

Are the Gardeners affected by the Longing? You can't kick ass if you're suddenly feeling weak.

Mat might start dicing with them. ;D

I think thats  a part of the irony, she is completely different to what Mat would usually go for. I think its a great storyline, if nothing else. And anyway, Tuon isnt that bad, its her Seanchan views that make her seem terrible.

That's why the Seanchan are viewed in a relatively positive light by Rand at the end - yes, the slavery of damane is bad, the da'covaele system in perhaps in need of some attention, but the order that they have brought is making the actual PEOPLE of the realm (who can't channel, obviously) rather happy.

'Belief and order give strength' - Herid Fel

I wonder if Rand will ally with the Seanchan for that reason, even if he does have to kneel to the CT to do it?

Skurge made an interesting point there.

Aludra is as confirmed in her hatred of the Seanchan as the young Aiel scout who reports back to Amys and Aviendha about chained Shaido being displayed - she genuinely couldn't perceive the Last Battle as being the most important threat, and the most urgent.

However, Aludra's dragons will belong to Rand - her first port of call for supplies is going to be Andor, and Elayne isn't actually thick enough to fleece her kingdom for weapons without some kind of guarantee.

Archived