DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Honeymoon

Raena

I got to the end and then decided start the whole thing over on Hulu with the subbed versions. What teh eff. A rewatch does let you pick up on things you missed first time around, though, especially if it didn't always get translated in the dub.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reyler

• Toy and Minion

• Raena

• mmeeshal

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it was actually in the dubbed version. The subbed version on Hulu implies it, though, and the subs on there are usually pretty faithful.

What continually strikes me about the English dub of Bleach is not how faithful the dialogue is, but how often they were able to get voice actors that almost perfectly matched the original Japanese seiyuu. Seriously, J-Rukia and E-Rukia sound pretty much identical.

• 3 weeks later...

When I first started watching Animes, I would only watch dubbed. But I eventually ran out of dubbed episodes and gave in to subbed. While it was weird at first, I soon came to like it a lot, and now the only anime I associate with English voices is DBZ. Now I'm trying to pick up some Japanese for fun, although I still only understand a couple phrases.

Bleach is like the only anime I've seen that I haven't heard any dubbed versions of (since I watch on Hulu). Actually just finished it a couple days ago. Was kinda disappointed that they're not going to do the last Arc.

I think I heard that it's going to be coming back. Probably they want to give Kubo some time to get ahead a ways.

I don't really have any recommendations, on account of I don't really watch much anime (or anything else). If you're interested in the dub of Bleach, it's pretty good; Cartoon Network runs a new episode Saturday nights at midnight (they're up to Sui-Feng/Omaeda/Hachigen vs. Barragan) and bleachwatch.com has the vast majority online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...