Silver

Move: http://us.playstation.com/ps3/playstation-move/

Controller:$49.99

PSEye: $39.99

Nunchuck: $29.99

Bundle with Eye, Controller and Game: $99.99

Kinect: http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/kinect/?wt.srch=1

$149.99

So anybody been watching the E3 videos? They've demo'd some game play with both of these motion controllers. Move seems more like dedicated controllers while Kinect seems more for augmenting current controllers/full motion games.

Price for Kinect is just $150, up to 4 players probably.

Price for Move is $120 initial price(if you don't have PSEye, don't get the bundle and get both controllers), then up to $240 (PSEye + 4 main controllers*). Oh, many of the demo'd games have 2 main controllers so the initial price may be $140 instead.

*pretty sure there is a blue tooth limitation restricting the number of wireless controllers to around 5 so can't have 4 players with 8 controllers.

So how do these looks to you guys?

The Kinect is a pretty novel idea that could be extremely successful, the Move just looks like its attempt to catch up with the Nintendo Wii, and looks uglier with that blue bulb on the top of the controller too. I think Sony is way behind the game this year.

• Community Administrator

Course you realize in 'real' gaming, and not just the gimmicky games, a 'real' controller that the 'move' provides, will actually make games more playable?

As for the 4 players, 8 controls thing, I doubt it'll be that way, more likely than not you'll have 2 player games using 2 controllers (sword & shield) and 4 players with 1 controller each (tennis).

That seems the most probable situation to me... Plus giving 2 controls, to 4 people seems not only expensive, but dangerous. ;)

Course I already got the Ps3 Eye (eye of judgement) so all I'd really need to do is grab a controller or 3 + games. ;)

Course you realize in 'real' gaming, and not just the gimmicky games, a 'real' controller that the 'move' provides, will actually make games more playable?

So? Just purely from the novelty factor, the Kinect is gonna go a lot farther than a Wii-mote for the PS3. And the Kinect has been shown so far to work pretty well, so sure, the Move might be more technically viable, but its not innovative at all. The majority of consumers aren't looking for more of the same (even if the technology is different and better). They want new and exciting, which the Kinect provides.

Personally, I'll probably never own either, so I don't really care which one is actually better, but from a marketing standpoint, Sony fell way behind.

Archived