DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Books of the Month for September!

Maria

The votes have been cast and counted, and the Books of the Month for September are as follows:

Non-fiction:

Collapse: How Socities Choose Or Fail To Succeed by Jared Diamond

Fantasy:

A Song of Ice and Fire Series: A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Fiction:

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

Classic:

Catcher In the Rye by J.D. Salinger

You have a month to get the book/s and read it/them, and then I'll put up the discussion on or around October 1st.

Have fun reading!!

Heee. I feel old :P

And I hope more people follow Angyl's excellent example and at least read one of these books. I've read one of them and fully intend to read at least one more. (Now is as good a time as any to actually read Catcher In the Rye, I suppose =))

You can choose which book/s to read. In fact you don't have to read anything at all. Which is why I'm happy I've already read some of the books on list. If I feel very lazy/busy I'll just join those discussions and leave the others to their own demise. =)

I absolutely ADORE "Collapse". It took me three months to get through it though.

Just a note, we're going to be reading and discussing these books until the end of November. So if you're a bit slow, you don't have to worry too much. The next set of books will be announced in December. We're trying to create a more flexible reading/discussion atomosphere than we had previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Maria, I'm SO glad you put the GRRM book on the list. I have had this series on my List to read Forever and just never got around to it. I don't know if I'll be able to finish it in time for the discussion, but I'll certainly try to join in on the discussion until it gets spoilery.

Archived