DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine and the Red Door Frame

Darkspot

So I know there's this big thing about Something huge between books 4 and 6.

I got a question...

When Moiraine went through the Door Ter'Angrael, I'm 90% sure that's the one from the Waste.  If she hadn't been through before, maybe what happened in there is a LOT different than what people think.  Maybe with Lanfear having been through (Lets say on assumptions people go that she wished to be as powerful as a woman can be in the power), maybe Moiraine was the only one able to make wishes.  Maybe unlike Mat she simply did not request her release.  I could easily see her requesting Lanfear's death, or maybe that just came from entering twice.  Thoughts?

Maybe it killed Lanfear because she had fire, iron, or music when she went through?  Moiraine knew ahead of time she was going through, so she knew not to carry any of those things.  (pure speculation on my part, of course.)

Heres how i think it happened: Moiraine and Lanfear fell through Lanfears angreal caused both of them to be severed and the doorway to melt, the fins held them both until they realised who Lanfear was and they killed her due to their 'questions touching the shadow can be fatal' thing. Then Lanfear is re-incarnated as Cyndane and healed by one of the black rebel Aes Sedai while the fins hold a severed Moiraine for some reason well find out in the next book (i hope Sanderson gets Moiraines character right)

You lost me at:

So I know there's this big thing about Something huge between books 4 and 6.

I've always thought Moiraine's story echos Gandolf's story in Lord of the Rings.

thought to be dead, but will come back even more powerful then before.

However, I don't know anyone that actually thought Moraine was dead – other then the characters in the story that is.

For that to happen, I'm expecting that what we'll find out is Moiraine and Lanfear's power wielding ability was switched.

I believe Moiraine will now be the strongest channeler (perhaps with the exception of Alivia)

I believe Moiraine killed Lanfear, and Lanfear now can only channel as much as Moiraine could, and the Dark One can't do anything about that.

On a side note - When Cyndane said that Alivia is stronger in the power then she was as Lanfear, was it because Alivia had a ter'angreal, or is she really more powerful?

I just re-read that section, she said it was impossible (meaning she knew somehow she was the most powerful), and she assumed she had an angrael (Which she did, the nice jewelry set of Nynaeve's.  It was Winter's Heart, the Cheodan Kal chapter towards the end.

If Moiraine switched strength with Lanfear(Cyndane) then Cyndane wouldnt be stronger than Graendal, which we know from Aran'gar's POV, because Moirane definately was not stronger than any of the Forsaken. In WH 'with the choedan kal' page 671 Cyndane sais of Alivia that she must have an angreal because no woman could be stronger than she was as Lanfear(Lanfear was as strong as it was possible to be) i still think Lanfear was stilled then killed then re-incarnated and healed, explaining her loss in strength

That Lanfear claims that it was impossible for a woman to be stronger than her is of course in no way evidence that such a claim is actually the truth. Why would she be the only forsaken to not suffer from the arrogance (especially against 3rd Age channelers) we see in pretty much every book?

That Lanfear claims that it was impossible for a woman to be stronger than her is of course in no way evidence that such a claim is actually the truth. Why would she be the only forsaken to not suffer from the arrogance (especially against 3rd Age channelers) we see in pretty much every book?

I highly doubt its down to arrogance, its ingrained in all channellers to know their strength in comparison to others, plus there are other references early on in the series (IIRC)to her being as 'strong as it was possible to be' in the power

RJ himself told us to not take forsaken POVs as absolute truths...

A question about the Forsaken. It is said they have varying levels of strength in the one Power. Do you know where they rank?

RJ: Yes

I get the impression that Asmodean is weaker than Lanfear even before he was shielded. How much weaker etc.

RJ: RAFO. I dont go into that kind of thing. I know where they are. I also know they are highly unreliable. None of them is going to admit that anyone is that much stronger than they are. Even when you are inside their heads. Dont take everything they say as the absolute truth or unbiased observation.

I agree that it's unbiased, but she should have a reason.  Maybe at least that nobody was stronger than her in the past.  It's been stated a few times though that Ishmael and Lanfear are as strong as one can be in the power each.  Even barring that, Strongest Channeler in Age of Legends would still be good, and she was comparing to one of the I think 6 stronger than Nynaeve, on top of having an Angrael. 

Archived