DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Movie Stephen King's "It"

LilyElizabeth

• Club Leader

This is not a movie I would have chosen to watch. It just sort of happened to me. As a rule, I hate clowns – obnoxious things with big feet and too much make-up. And what’s with the big red nose? But It has a unique clown, who, while obnoxious, is somewhat entertaining – for a clown.

pennywise.jpg

This is a movie about a demonic clown who goes around using children’s fear against them by making them happen in reality. The first (and best) part of the movie involves 7 kids and how Pennywise (the clown) torments them. The second half deals with the kids returning to town all grown up to deal with Pennywise’s return. Naturally, they prevail, although the ending left much to be desired. There was not as much blood and gore as I expected; instead, it was more suspenseful. Still, It was pretty creepy.

gutter.jpg

I have to admit that I am a Tim Curry fan, and when I found out he played the clown in the movie, that made me a little more enthusiastic. While he made it a bit more interesting, it was no Rocky Horror Picture Show.

1217195499243_f.jpg

pennywise-the-clown1.jpg

Archived