DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jim Butcher's Dresden Files or Codex Alera

Crossroad

So, when do we start a suspect pool for what happened at the end?

We can get it started right now, haha.

Denarians are out, they still want him to join i believe.

Winter is of course out.

Could be a red court servant/fanatic who wasnt a vampire?

Summer is a possibilities, they dont want Winter to have such a powerful knight maybe

Any suggestions?

I think the Denarians are still viable.

It's pretty much assumed he is going to live, but if he dies for a few seconds the mantle will go back to Mab and when he recovers he will be his own man.

It almost seems easier to list who couldn't have done it.

Yeah i know the second to last sentence of the book makes you think that he wont stay dead if he dies. He says something about how its typical that he cant even die peacefully or something like that.

I suppose that one Denarian, the one who stole the coins behind nicodeumas's back (i forget his name), couldve done it. He was pretty POed about Harry using soulfire on him

I could have been Kincaid, the attack was exactly how Kincaid said he would do Harry in and most of the supernatural types don't do the sniper thing and that one priest from the "The Warrior" wouldn't know about Thomas's boat.

Then the Ivy comes in and use necromancy to bring Harry back to life.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm waiting for the small stories book , i wanna see some of the small things that go on between novels and u see some comment in the novel about them. To Muave when he sits down w/ her in Mac's bar and Gard when he talks about her and him workin well together.

one idea i love about the shooter is that he is the same one that tried to run him off the road. Ace the changling.

havent read the Codex series yet but have heard good things about it so plan on giving it a shot after my re-read of the series i'm doin now.

there was a blurb released about Ghost Stories the next book. he is stuck as an apparition and 3 of his friends are in danger.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished Storm Front the other night-very entertaining! I'm usually not a fan of first-person narrative, but Dresden has a droll sense of humor which gets even drier as his predicament gets worse.  Interesting take on black/white magic.  I don't know if this would be categorized as industrial, or postmodern fantasy.  Either way, I enjoyed it and just got Full Moon (book 2) from a friend.  Were you guys hooked after Storm Front, or did take longer for you to get into the series?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the TV series first and it took me a few books to get used to the differences.

In the TV series the "High Council" governs all aspects of the supernatural world and Ancient Mai had a greatly beefed up role.  And their is no mention that Harry is a member just that he has Warden Morgan hassles.

In the book series the "White Council" governs the uses of mortal magic and "protects" mortals from the supernatural world.  Harry is a member.

I think High Council sounds cooler then White Council.  It wasn't until I finished reading Summer Knight that I got die hard into it.  At first just interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived