DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Offseason

SBoydW

Big moves today

Bears get DE Julius Peppers - 6 years 90+ million dollars and RB Chester Taylor, who is actually decent.

Cardinals traded Boldin to the Ravens

Giants get S Antrell Rolle

Miami has signed LB Karlos Dansby, and for some reason also signed injury prone and elite average QB Chad Pennington again.

And the other busy team was the Lions, they signed DE Kyle Vanden Bosch and WR Nate Burleson to play opposite of Calvin Johnson.

CB Dunta Robinson will be playing in Atlanta.

Notable moves that may happen in near Future:

RB Lendale White of the Titans is asking for a trade.

WR Brandon Marshall is supposed to be visiting the Seattle Seahawks.

RB Thomas Jones, formerly of the Jets, is still out there and has been solid the last couple of years.  Rumors have it he may end up back with the Jets as a back up if nothing happens in free agency.

Early winner of Free Agency is the Bears.  They've signed a dominant Defensive player and a solid RB, which they desperately need.

Biggest Loser so far.  The Cardinals.  They've lost two of their best Defensive players, a Great WR, and Kurt Warner is retired.  Welcome back to suckiness Cards!!!

Ex-Chief RB Larry Johnson has signed with the Redskins.  Good luck with that.

Former Patriots TE Ben Watson signed a deal with the Browns.

Bengals sign former Buc Antonio Bryant.

LT is now flirting with the Jets.

The Eagles are listening to offers for their QBs.  I know every offseason the last few years there has been talk of Donovan getting traded, but could this be the year?  With their QB of the future, Kolb (who played fairly well in the games he was in last year) and Michael Vick on the rosters, D Nabb could be hitting the bricks soon.

it makes sense that McNabb might be getting cut.  Vick for all his faults outside the game is a decent QB and mcNabb is a costly player on the roster.

Eagles is the team that go RB Mike Bell btw

well the eagles have pretty much said (in not so many words) that whenever McNabb leaves Kolb will be the starter.  The best Vick can hope for in Philly is #2.  Also it's doubtful that Vick will be there next year so he's not gonna start for them.  There is an outside chance Vick could be gone this season.

Who'da thunk it.... Donovan McNabb is going to the Redskins for a second round pick this year and a third or fourth round pick next year.

Sadly the redskins still suck... just a little less now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So what do you guys think about Cushing? If it's true that he took performance enhancing drugs, I think it's a joke to only suspend him for a couple of games. I only just heard of this and don't know the whole story, but I think he should at least get a couple of years suspension. People who use performance enhancing drugs have no place in professional sports.

So far he is suspended for 4 games which is 25% of the NFL season (A big hit to his team who has three potentially very tough games in their first four).... I believe that if there is a second offense he'll get suspended for a whole season.

I think that it's also fair that a re-vote has been called for for his Defensive Rookie of the year award.  I hope it get's taken away.

As for the punishment for the first offense I think it's as good as it's going to get.  The NFL Players association would never let there be a first offense, full season suspension for something like this.

Part of me dislikes the NFL's performance enhancing drug policy, because in the cases of Star Caps and Cushing, none of the players involved tested positive for an actual performance enhancing drug.  In the Star Caps case they tested positive for a substance that CAN be used to mask steroids, but its main purpose is to lose water weight.  In the case of Cushing...well that seems more incriminating, as the substance he tested positive for has no real usage to a male than to restart his testosterone cycle.  Either way, I would personally rather see them just test more frequently and hand out bans based on actual cheating, not potential cheating.

• 1 year later...

Archived