DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MARCH BANDNESS!!! (KSHE95 Radio version)

It's that time of year again.  Every year my local rock station KSHE95, holds their March Bandness bracket tournament in honor of the March Madness College basketball tourney.  

Last year I entered my picks ad then posted the rounds here.  I also encouraged people to post their picks for who would win.  This years Tourney starts later today(Friday).  So follow along and post your pics for each round.  Let's see who knows their rock.  (Consequently, this is most affected by the demographic around St Louis, so Sammy Haggar, Rush and Mettalica and Hendrix are always top billed).  **Edit-I stand corrected, Ozzy took top billing away from Sammy this year.....surprising :-\**

The brackets are broken down into four 'regions'.  The champs from each region go down to the top 2.  Then the champ is decided.  

I'll try to include links to a song by every artist for those that don't know a group.  

Finally some updates.  So far no surprises.  Three of the #8 seeds have lost to the #9 seeds....but no major upsets thus far. 

Thus far in region K:

Rush sent Creed exit stage left, as Nickleback had an appetite for Guns n Roses.  The Doors lit the fire to Nirvana, and Ted Nugent put a stranglehold on Styx.

In region S:

Ozzy sent 3 Days Grace off on the Crazy Train, while U2 found thier song had no game against Whitesnake.  Motley Crue sent Kansas off like dust in the wind, and Aerosmith told Journey to walk that way. 

Region H action:

Metallica called Theory of a Deadman king nothing, while Pearl Jam couldn't stay alive against Alice Cooper.  Bon Jovi sent the Black Crowes to talk to angels, and the Beatles left Billy Idol dancing with himself. 

Finally Region E: 

Jimi Hendrix left Saving Abel in a purple haze, as the Scorpions felt the wind of change when Kiss rock 'n rolled all night.  Bad Company left Stone Temple Pilots wishing they had gotten some vaseline. 

That wraps up the action in the first week of March Bandness. 

Finally some updates.  So far no surprises.  Three of the #8 seeds have lost to the #9 seeds....but no major upsets thus far. 

Thus far in region K:

Rush sent Creed exit stage left, as Nickleback had an appetite for Guns n Roses.  The Doors lit the fire to Nirvana, and Ted Nugent put a stranglehold on Styx.

In region S:

Ozzy sent 3 Days Grace off on the Crazy Train, while U2 found thier song had no game against Whitesnake.  Motley Crue sent Kansas off like dust in the wind, and Aerosmith told Journey to walk that way. 

Region H action:

Metallica called Theory of a Deadman king nothing, while Pearl Jam couldn't stay alive against Alice Cooper.  Bon Jovi sent the Black Crowes to talk to angels, and the Beatles left Billy Idol dancing with himself. 

Finally Region E: 

Jimi Hendrix left Saving Abel in a purple haze, as the Scorpions felt the wind of change when Kiss rock 'n rolled all night.  Bad Company left Stone Temple Pilots wishing they had gotten some vaseline. 

That wraps up the action in the first week of March Bandness. 

Two weeks down and we are getting started with the second round action. 

Finishing out the first round in Week 2, here's how the action went.

Region K

Daughtry screamed It's Not Over as Clapton rolled on by, and Lynyrd Skynyrdshowed Deep Purple that Tuesdays Gone.  Alice In Chains left Stevie Ray Vaughn trapped like a Man In A Box, as Def Leppard lit E.L.O.'s Fire On High.

Region S

Queen easily kept Judas Preist Under Pressure, while Van Halen made Foghat a Fool For The City.  The Who threw a Monkey Wrench in the Foo Fighters chances, as Pink Floyd forced the Allman's to catch the Midnight Rider.

Region H

ZZ Top left Thorogood to Drink Alon, and Led Zeppelin left Blue Oyster Cult Burnin for votes.  Our first real upset of the tourney comes as Shinedown offered no Second Chance to REO Speedwagon.  The Eagles will get to Take It Easy after losing to AC/DC.

Region E

CCR were Looking Out Thier Backdoor at the dejected Billy Squier, while Poison made a Basket Case out of Green Day by being the second major upset of the week.  Black Sabbath Turned the Page on Bob Seger, as the Stones caught Seether trying to Fake It, and Sammy Hagar kept victory from April Wine Just Between You and Me. 

This concludes the second week tallies, and completes round 1.  Round 2 should see things heat up as more powerhouses square off, in the March Bandness tourney. 

Archived