DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lor's Garden of Friends

U4ea

• 2 weeks later...

you know Sis..a Century Plant might work for our Runie!  *grins and hugs*  Good to see you hon!  You did say you would be around more when the new book came out...

*pounces and swings Lor around and around, giggling*

I am so GLAD your Twinnie's bloomed!  *grins*  I knew you had moved some, but hadn't heard you mention them lately!  Remember how I cried the first time you posted your Garden of Friends and you had found me?  LOL  Ahhh..I love you my Sistertwin and Elegant Eldest!

Now, I have been searching my entire life for the plant of the flower I am named for...and I FINALLY found where I can buy them!  Nope, not for me..LOL  I am hoping to send them to Lor soon so she can try to grow them and send me one of the blooms!  I'd most likley kill the darn thing!

Actually, all of you will be surprised how closely your plant is similar to  you!  I know some of the folks from her long ago link aren't around much these days..but they were spot on!

LOL you're right Tay...can't think of a demure red flower off the top of my head...unless maybe a bright red azalea..with it's small blossoms...

*laughs* I rescued a red gerber daisy from my husband... does that count?

*grins* and some of my new plants are starting to grow. I think if I can get the Bleeding Hearts to grow pretty, I'll name them Mystikins. *smiles* Seems more fitting than she'd like me to prattle on about, I think. ;)

here's what they "SHOULD" look like soon:

467.jpg

Thanks! I'll explain it better when I get them growing good, but they're officially my Mystikins, now! I need to update my garden website with new pics, too. *sighs* Maybe I'll add that to my summer project list...

I had to rescue Andy this afternoon. His soil was a little dry and he's a really big boy (he's a 13 year old Christmas Cactus!), so he was falling out of his pants (pot). *grins* It wouldn't be the first time Anders got too big for his britches, though I know most of ya'll don't know him well enough to get the joke. It's ok. He'll pop up some day with some lame reason for bailing on me. *mutters*

More news on the plant front:

~Kyn died on me over the winter. I have seen little elephant ears popping up in the pot with the Josh's (bright red Amaryllis), but they never grow too big and I found one of the bulbs thoroughly rotted. :( So, I bought new ones! I put them in a bigger pot with less in it a few weeks ago and I saw a sprout coming up while I was outside this week! *grins* Just goes to show, old friends may get busy and become scarce, but they're never too far away!

~Ursula is still growing strong and thriving! She didn't even hibernate this year and she's the only thing still living in her pot. *laughs* Strong, resilient and defiant in the face of winter. Sound familiar?

~My money plant and passion flower are growing pretty well. I planted them with some fairy lily bulbs and an Egret flower in an old fish tank that was cracked. The fairy lilies are starting to sprout up out of the dirt, too! No sign of the Egret flower, yet, though... :(

~My Lor's are growing!!! I don't have much luck getting calla lilies to live beyond a season, but they're doing a great job this year! I named them after the character I RP, oddly enough, rather than myself. They're elegant, refined and graceful, much more so than I will ever be able to accomplish. They're also my favorite flower. :D

Hmm... I'll make sure I take pictures and update you on the rest of the loveliness that's happening in my garden right now. Peanut and I will be spending the morning putting her pumpkins (Abby Cadaby pumpkins, no less) and her sunflowers (Big Bird sunflowers!!) into pots so they can finish their "young plant" stage and be hardy enough to put in the ground in the plant boxes so they'll grow. I hope the boxes are big enough for the pumpkin vines or Dana's going to kill me!

• 2 weeks later...

Updates! :D

Here's my first post of the night with people you may or may not know: (Ursula, Kynwric, Anders, Paetric, Loraine and Alexandra are in here)

http://u4easgarden.blogspot.com/2010/05/update-for-today-lots-of-faces.html

Here are my new faces (Mystica, Rune)

http://u4easgarden.blogspot.com/2010/05/update-number-2-new-faces.html

This is a link to my garden album in photobucket so you can see all of my flowers (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/U4ea02/Garden%202010).

I need to get out and take some more, so hopefully this'll get updated again very soon! I saw Frenchie in the front yard the other day and he's nearly as tall as I am!

• 1 month later...

My sister did when we were younger, but I didn't... until this year! One of the planting kits the Easter Bunny brought Peanut was sunflowers. I've successfully killed all but 4 of them. LOL I think they're about to bloom, though! The good thing about sunflowers is that they're pretty water-hardy (they can dry out a bit and still come back to life with a good watering), so the ones I've killed died because I didn't get them in the ground fast enough. They were pretty root bound. :(

Know what else I'm good at killing? tomatoes and pumpkins. *nods* Only 2 of Peanut's pumpkins have survived and I'm really bad about the "daily watering" bit for tomatoes. *sighs* I even bought it a Topsy Turvy this year. LOL

Are you growing sunflowers?

A century plant would work wonderfully for me Twinnie :)  I try to be more available but life has other plans for me. :/  A lot has changed for me so I'm sorry I've kinda ditched you all!

Good luck in your garden, you do have some beautiful flowers growing. It would be awesome if I lived closer I would love to photograph them.

Runie.

Guest BaLefireP

My sister did when we were younger, but I didn't... until this year! One of the planting kits the Easter Bunny brought Peanut was sunflowers. I've successfully killed all but 4 of them. LOL I think they're about to bloom, though! The good thing about sunflowers is that they're pretty water-hardy (they can dry out a bit and still come back to life with a good watering), so the ones I've killed died because I didn't get them in the ground fast enough. They were pretty root bound. :(

Know what else I'm good at killing? tomatoes and pumpkins. *nods* Only 2 of Peanut's pumpkins have survived and I'm really bad about the "daily watering" bit for tomatoes. *sighs* I even bought it a Topsy Turvy this year. LOL

Are you growing sunflowers?

Yes, I am growing 1 sunflower plant... 8)

I am also growing Tomatoes, squash (butternut, acorn, buttercup Yellow, and a hybrid that only grows in our yard), zucchini, carrots, parsnips, radishes, 4 different other gourds, Two different watermelon, Black beans, Black eyed peas, red beans, and if there is anything I left out I will let you know!  :)

lol, Now I'm jealous! I'm in the process of killing some pumpkins and Tomatoes and the onions, lettuce and rosemary seeds I planted are showing no sign of wanting to make me feel better by poking some sprouts out of the water.

Let me know what magic trick you have for making them grow? Please? *bats her big blue eyes*

Bleh... My freesias look half dead. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! They don't seem to be dried out- at least half their soil is wet at any given time. It is sweltering hot out but I check the soil every day to see if they need water :(

in other news I have a new sprout coming up. Can't remember what the plant's called but i'll try to grab a picture to show off :p

Guest BaLefireP

[quote author=U4ea link=topic=54633.msg1750164#msg1750164 date=1279331940

Let me know what magic trick you have for making them grow? Please? *bats her big blue eyes*

Well...

1. keep them well watered. But, when you do water them only water them between 7:00Pm and 7:00 Am!

2.Do not over or under water them.

3.Keep in mind they do need sun.

4. Keep mulch over the roots of your plants. It will help keep the ground moist in the hot summer sun.

5. Keep the beds weeded!

6.Pumpkins like to be washed! Make sure you wash them! You wash them in some kind of honey water mixture I don't remember at the moment, When I do find it I will tell you how to make the mixture. (and sing to them as well!  ;))

7. Keep ALL bugs and "rolly pollys" away from your plants! They will eat them up!

*wrinkles her brow* You know, I haven't seen my SunDae's this year, I don't think. I'll look again, maybe they're just buried in the jungle I've got growing in pots this year... *chews her lip*

you know, I have a horrible track record with roses, but, for some reason, the pink one that I inherited when we bought the house has been blooming like crazy this year!

I saw a new flower standing up when I went outside this morning, though. I'll have to take a picture of it so ya'll can oooh and aaah the way I did when I saw it! It's been so long since I planted them, I forgot what kind of lily it is!

Archived