DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Observe and Report(Possible Spoilers)

Samuraiflip05

So I just saw this....and I must say, I was displeased at best. 

Once again, the previews touted it as a whimsical comedy, when in actuality it was a dark movie with occasional weak attempts at humor. 

Seriously, most of the funny is lost in the mood created by a person, suffering from Bi-Polar disorder, who has severe aggression issues(Not to mention he is an idiot), failing at his goals of joining the Police Force and scoring the hot girl(Which he does in a very creepy "date rape" sense), only to finally find acceptance in his mundane existence as head of mall security and hooking up with the less hot girl. 

Maybe I am most upset by the deception.....I felt like comedy and only recieved 2 noteworthy chuckle scenes.  The movie still feels......slightly twisted. 

I don't know.......I wasn't impressed.  :-\

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't stand Seth Rogan's character.  Usually, an assdouche like his character has some redeeming qualities, but this one had none.  Also, Ray Liotta was a dick.  So basically you have two unlikeable jerks squaring off the whole movie, neither of them with redeeming qualities, and a girl that is a egoistic b*tch that both of them are trying to impress.  Then you have Michael Pena who is really weird as a flamboyant homosexual that seems to have no discernible skills as a human being, and twin asian brothers that are weird, but also provide the only comedy in the 20 minutes I saw.  Danny McBride was the only character I enjoyed, but he was in and out quickly.

Overall, you have a crap movie with no likeable characters and a bunch of douches.

Also unimpressed with this. I also felt misled with the advertisements and found it to be too dark and not enough funny. Was it trying to be a comedy with drama or did it just miss the comedy mark altogether? Not sure.

Funny people was similar, but it was very well executed and had enough funny to outweigh the dark. Really like this sort of comedy drama.

Archived