DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

In Conclusion - HP Discussion

Maria

I'm sorry this last thread has taken so long but I've been a little busy. I thought about dropping it alltogether, but I figured we needed a proper ending. So, I figured a good way to end this was by talking about the next book. We don't yet know when it'll be out (though my money is on next summer), nor do we know the title or.. well.. we don't know anything at all, really.

But, let's take some time to talk about it, discuss theories, and then I officially declare this second Harry Potter Week (month? :P) to be over!

There are several questions that come to mind regarding the next book, some of which have been discussed (e.g. Snape, Malfoy, Dumbledore). There are a couple that haven't been discussed, so I'd like to see if anyone has any predictions about them:

1.) Where are the horcruxes? Could Harry himself possibly be a horcrux? If he is, does that mean he will have to die?

2.) JKR has said in an interview somewhere that two main characters will die in the next book. Any guesses as to who they might be?

I'm going to answer the second one first as I think that one's "easier". If we talk death in terms of the really main characters then I think Hagrid is next. This because I can't bring myself to think that Ron, Hermione, Ginny or even Harry himself will die. So possibly Hagrid. I also have a feeling at least one of the Weasleys is up. There are nine of them, the odds really aren't in their favor. And as I've already put a protection field around Ginny and Ron there's only seven. Bill got a thorough beating in the last book so I think he may live to tell the tale, which leaves only six. But of course this is Jo we're talking about, and she works in mysterious ways so there really is no telling for sure.

As for the Horcruxes, that's a whole other matter. By the end of book six there are five left, not including Voldemort himself. I think that "something of Gryffindor's" is the sword (from CoS) or the Sorting Hat. They are both prominent Gryffindor artefacts, and while everyone else is convinced that the Gryffindor part is found in Godric's Hollow I'm sure it is in easy reach at Hogwarts. After all, Tom Riddle wanted to come to Hogwarts to teach so he could look for something valuable to use, and what more valuable than these two things?

I also have strong problems believing in the Harry Is A Horcrux theory. I'm not sure why, there's just something in me which strongly protests.

Allright, this post is already getting long enough, so I'm going to let someone else to the locket. There are already a million theories on and around that on the net.

The Horcruxes we know so far are:

Riddle's Diary (destroyed)

Gaunt's Ring (destroyed)

Slytherin's Locket (presumably destroyed)

Hufflepuff's Cup (surviving)

Possible Horcruxes:

Something of Ravenclaw's or Gryffindor's.

Nagini the snake

Harry? (which I personally doubt)

Archived