DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Narishma and Callandor

HighLordXanthus

When Rand set the Sword that is not a Sword into the Heart of the Stone, he layed traps and wards around it to keep others from coming and stealing it. But when he sent Narishma to retrieve it, he was told later by Narishma that there were traps and wardings that were not told to him. My question here is: did someone else, most likely a forsaken, finding that they could not take callandor because of Rands wardings, add more of thier own ?!! That would explain why Rand did not tell Narishma about all the traps. It would explain away some of the Madness surrounding Rand. I know that Rand at the time thought he had forgotten something, or that maybe he was going mad.

I believe Narishma will follow after, and I doubt it was a warding. I was just wondering however, what does follow after really mean? I've always assumed it meant; be a loyal follower. But could this be a red herring from Rj???.... Probably not.

As for the extra wardings, I'd say 98% it was someone else trying to trap/hurt/kill Rand. Probably an Aes Sedai. I doubt the forsaken would leave something behind that a lowly "untrained child" could unravel.

Did Rand forget to mention something? Unlikely given the description of the conversation. If this however was the case, I don't think it was intentional (not consciously anyway). I mean... he was sending Narishma to retrieve a highly precious object in circumstances where he definitely needed it. There isn't any room for him to throw Narishma a curve ball. He needed Callandor far too much to potentially risk getting it at all. Subconsciously, maybe Lews wanted him dead... once again, unlikely.

That's just me

-Genesis_XVI

:)

Guest cwestervelt

Given the description of the conversation it is verly likey that Rand either wasn't fully aware of all the Wards he placed around Callandor or he did forget something. He is trying to convince himself more than Narishma that he had relayed all of the information concerning the traps.

In the Shadow Rising, Rand was still in the very early stages of his relationship with Lews Therin's conciousness. He was getting information from Lews, using it (like the Trolloc killing storm), and not really understanding what he was doing. Rand didn't have the knowledge or training necessary to place the Wardings around Callandor himself, so Lews Therin must have provided that as well. This makes it probably that, like when he created the aforementioned storm, Rand didn't really know what he was doing.

Given the description of the conversation it is verly likey that Rand either wasn't fully aware of all the Wards he placed around Callandor or he did forget something. He is trying to convince himself more than Narishma that he had relayed all of the information concerning the traps.

In the Shadow Rising' date=' Rand was still in the very early stages of his relationship with Lews Therin's conciousness. He was getting information from Lews, using it (like the Trolloc killing storm), and not really understanding what he was doing. Rand didn't have the knowledge or training necessary to place the Wardings around Callandor himself, so Lews Therin must have provided that as well. This makes it probably that, like when he created the aforementioned storm, Rand didn't really know what he was doing.[/quote']

Not necessarily true. Sometimes channelers just do things through need before they're full trained without really knowing what they're actually doing, as proven on many occasions by Egwene, Nynaeve and even Rand himself. It may just have been more examples of that even if I'd like to agree with your theory.

Rand may be becoming more and more rattled in the head, but there have been many instances where he has been put to the test on remembering weaves, and he seems to pick them up and remember them the first time. He may not know exactly what he is doing, but what ever it is, he will remember it. So the question is whether his madness is affecting his stock pile of known weavings, or the weaves came from elsewhere. I could understand him not remembering something he formed by accident, or done in desperation, but the traps and ward on Callandor were pre-concieved and planned before he ever set foot into the heart of the stone. Something planned like, and then done slowely and concisively as was done should have been remembered with more exactness then happened.

Archived