DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Any other Banders in the Calvary?

Sieve

My new Bander, Tevares is in need of some training.  His meager WS of 2 will not suffice for a member of the Band.  Would like to get him to at least a WS of 6 or 7 throughout the course of the DotNM's RP.

If there are no Calvary present then anyone else wish to train my newb in weapons (he carries lance, 1h sword, and horsebow), battle formation and tactics, or the like?  An infantryman could train him in sword and an archer in the bow perhaps if any are available?

Id be more then willing to help as well.  Im also looking for some training for my char....Mehrin Deathwatch's training is very good!! (*COUGH COVERING the words PAINFUL!!) LOL.  Zander is a WS 10 and wields 2 short swords. He is Infrantry (horses and Zander do not get along!) but anyone who needs help I'm down.  Perhaps Mehrin can start a training class?

Well, I'm half asleep at the moment but off the top of my head, some hand to hand would be good. Elynde's a pub brawler so it wouldn't harm to learn something with a little more finesse/control. She's done her basic sword training but I'd like to build on that too if there's a "next level" lesson... hmm, and it'd be interesting for her to learn how Infantry would combat a Cavalry attack since that's quite likely to happen in an all out battle. Whether it's a formal lesson or a "story" RP I don't mind. It's kinda hard to say as I dunno what your usual format is for Infantry training, whether there are other skills they get taught... if there even is a format or if it's different for everyone.

What were you thinking (or anyone else for that matter) of for "side" RPs in the DotNM? I think you mentioned the possibility of room for development in the next phase.

*goes to find a cuppa*

I've been known to use both methods.  For anti-cavalry tactics, it'd end up being more of a tactics course.  It'd be a good one for infantry to attend, but that doesn't help Tevares too much.

Hand-to-hand is always a fun course to teach; it gives me an excuse to beat on people. :D

The "character development" RPs, I generally leave to the individual to come up with some aspect of their character that they wish to explore.  My Bander, for instance, will be meeting with my FL character.  They know each other, and Jehryn kinda worships Mehrin.  The point of the RP is to show what the past year or so has done to Mehrin, as well as show Jehryn what the man he essentially idolizes has become since he knew him.

Okies, well I'd be cool with some hand-to-hand/getting beaten on  :P then. And even Cavalry can get pulled from their horses, so it should be a good one for anybody if folks are interested.  :)

Alrighty, then.  We'll start with hand-to-hand combat, then we'll toss a coin to decide whether or not we move on to armed combat with swords or tactics against bullies on horsies.

• 9 months later...