DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Reminder on relationships

Muirenn

With the new influx of gay characters, and soon Aes Sedai as well, into the BT, I feel that it's time for a quick reminder on RPing relationships at DM.

Relationships can only occur between characters of equal or equivalent rank. This means that Soldier-Soldier, or Dedicated-Dedicated relationships are just fine, but not Soldier-Dedicated, or Asha'man-Dedicated. Aes Sedai are the equivalent rank of an Asha'man. Same rules apply to them. And, of course, anyone of any rank may have relationships with civilians.

Keep it PG-13 and have fun! :D

-Muirenn

Incarn DRPSW

Might I join into this thread and ask what if there are two dedicates who have a realtionship and one of them become Asha'man while the other remains dedicated. The relationship has to be on hold?

Robin,

just wondering

Yes. Same as happens with an Accepted being raised to Aes Sedai. WT and BT have the same rules on relationships. As I said, without the same amount of homosexual characters that the WT has, the BT hasn't had to really deal with these situations until now. :)

Guest Dalinar

The relationship goes on hold... Phaw. I think the difference here if it's an issue with the potential problems of age gap is that an Asha'man could potentially be YOUNGER than one of the junior ranks here at the black tower. Not 100% convinced that a blanket policy across the towers is so appropriate... I can understand why an Aes Sedai/Accepted relationship might go on hold... but it's far less obvious to me why a Dedicated/Asha'man one would given that the age issues are very different.

Just my two questioning cents worth.

Dali/ben.

It's not a matter of age, but one of authority. The BT is very militaristic in structure. It would be akin to a private dating a corporal. It's not allowed for reasons of authority, chain-of-command, etc, not because one is older than the other.