DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nominate Your Best Guitarists for the Band's Dream Band!!!

Corki

Since you have voted to create your dream band, the first task for us is to pick our guitarist. This thread allows you to nominate your guitarists to go into the "It's A Knockout" contest to win the slot in the Band of the Red Hand's Dream Band. And below is what you need to do!

Between now and SATURDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2009, nominate the guitarists you want to see try and take that spot. Follow the simple proforma below to get a nomination in. Name your guitarist, explain why you have nominated them, and provide a YouTube clip (or similar) of their skill.

[u][b]Guitarist's Name:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]Reason for Nomination:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]YouTube (or similar link):[/b][/u] 

You can nominate more than one guitarist. Any nomination that is seconded, i.e. Krak suggests Guitarist X and Farcrie agrees with the nomination, automatically qualifies for a place in the "It's A Knockout" contest. Otherwise, it will be done on a first come, first served basis. If there are any gaps at the end of the nomination period, I will fill in the gaps.

PLEASE NOTE: I am looking for a minimum of 8 nominations, and a maximum of 16.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Nominated Guitarists

Seconded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest

1. Eric Clapton

2. Eddie Van Halen

3. Jimi Hendrix

Nominated

1. Dave Murray

2. Buckethead

3. Angus Young

4. Joe Satriani

5. Chuck Berry

6. Mikael Akerfeldt

Guitarist's Name: Eric Clapton

Reason for Nomination: Simple one of the greatest guitar players ever! Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 3 times, he revolutionized guitar playing in the 1960s by making it the focal point of any band through a few simple moves - turning up the amp and moving the microphone. Blues influences his rock guitar playing, and he was ranked number 4 in Rolling Stone's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". Classics that show off Clapton's playing include Layla and Steppin Out.

YouTube (or similar link):

(Layla)

Guitarist's Name: Dave Murray

Reason for Nomination: Dave Murray is part of the original heavy metal band know as Iron Maiden. He is quite possibly one of the most influential metal guitarist of all time, laying down the foundation for all forms of metal to follow from progressive to death metal. Even Metallica and Megadeath came after Iron Maiden. All must bow down to Dave Murray!  

YouTube (or similar link): I couldn't decide which song to use so I just got a "best of" video.

EDIT: Just added some spaces in between the bold stuff and your text. Corki

Guitarist's Name: Buckethead

Reason for Nomination: Buckethead is a sick shredder who can destroy a guitar.  He can play amazing and fast, and while he may not have the most eclectic of music, he does extremely well at what he does.  Also, he took over as the lead guitarist of Guns N Rosees for their new album.  I have little doubt he could very well cross over into other types and styles of music.

YouTube:

and

EDIT: Just sorted out yir coding! lol!. Corki

Guitarist's Name: Eddie Van Halen

Reason for Nomination: Come on.....really?  Okay, considering the fact that Eddie was originally going to be the drummer and Alex was going to be the guitarist, I'd say they made the right choice.  Definitey a guitar ICON!!

EDIT: Just sorted out yir coding! lol!. Corki

Guitarist's Name: Chuck Berry

Reason for Nomination: An important star of the early development of rock and roll, with some impressive guitar skills. He was voted as the 6th best guitar player in Rolling Stone's Top 100 Guitarists, and his playing definitely deserves such a high rank.

Guitarist's Name: Mikael Akerfeldt

Reason for Nomination: revolutionized harmonization in the metal genre. was one of the first people in death metal to make the guitar more about harmonies and technique than about speed and heaviness.  

YouTube (or similar link): this is an example of a kinder, gentler Mikael Akerfeldt where his harmonies are more obvious and his vocals are softer and not growled. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWdCRYEZGE

Archived