DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat and Armor

Copperfield

You'd have thought that the AOL Aes Sedai would have tried of using cuendillar plates for infantry and vehicle armour.  As Egwene points out, it's not really that hard to make.

I guess the real reason is that a nigh indestructible material is a nifty idea but, lacking a cuendillar cartel, really plays havoc with warfare, economics, insurance premiums, etc.

-- dwn

Moggy told Egwene cuendillar was only slightly less rare in the AoL then today.

Moggy told Egwene cuendillar was only slightly less rare in the AoL then today.

Yeah, but in a society that has never known war, indestructibility is only so useful. I mean, that stuff is non-bio-degradable!

It may be that it's unsuited to armor because it only absorbs blows which would destroy it. i.e., I could see someone wearing cuendillar armor still getting killed by a blow that drove his armor completely through his body. And our brief view of Shocklances, they seem to have been whole-body taser type attacks -- it may be that the War of Power was mostly fought with energy weapons.

the whole cuendular armor has been discussed alot too, but to recap my opinions, use tin/aluminum to create a suit of armour, the rivot it together and make the rivots cuendullar, but then again you couldnt take it off, so maybe like a leather strap type deal to hold it on, but if you noticed armour isnt that important for main characters

Main characters never die unless its in a long, epic, dragged-out scene that involves crying and lots of drama. Can you see Mat or Rand or Perrin dying by an arrow? "And in the end, Rand was killede by an accidental shot from one of his own archers, the end."

Archived