DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ishamael the Ageless?

Weiramon Award

Hi.  I've been reading the board for a while and haven't seen this addressed, so here goes. Ishy was free for 40 years out of every 1000, meaning he should have aged 120 years during his imprisonment - while he was "free". But the fact that he was able to get free at all implies he was even less caught than Aginor and Balthamel, so one would expect he aged at least as much as they did while bound, possibly even more. Yet there doesn't seem to be any indication of that, or that he was recycled before becoming Moridin.  Any thoughts?

• Community Administrator

I'm not sure that Ishamael was bound closer to the surface than the others, I think it might just be that he wasn't sealed properly.  I can't remember any exact places where this is mentioned, but since he is able to come and go for a few decades, I don't think it has anything to do with where he is sealed, More like how he was sealed.

Encyclopaedia-WoT says, "Time touches them (Aginor and Balthamel) and they grow immensely old, but they are the first to escape in the current Age."

I think I remember one of the other Forsaken saying they had a restless sleep in the Bore, while another (maybe Lanfear) said she didn't dream at all.

Regardless, I think there are a lot of things about Ishy that need to be clarified.

~Mashiara

Archived