DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I hate Rand al thor

sheikh chilli

P.S. Arthur Hawkwing didnt have to save the entire world from the DO, he had the luxury of being nice.

Plus if you listen to Mat and some of the lives he remembers many though Hawkwing was an ass.

yup ;D  i agree w/ u on that  ;)

Hawkwing dominated a land w/ an iron hand, while he was alive it was one land, when he died it was over it broke down, how good of a leader was he? he certainly didn't instill any type of unity amongst his nobles or create a central government to help control the lands, it was his dictatorship and it died after he did. a real inspiring leader that they held together after he died ... not

meanwhile u have Rand : feed the poor and needy peasants, build schools to have a future after TG, lower taxes, stop the nobles from running ruffshod over the citizens, making the nobles accountable for their actions, trying to save nations by ending their civil wars / chaos, he leaves behind the stewards and they in fact are the real rulers and are just following Rand's policies (a way to continue on even after Rand, a way to survive and not have chaos as Hawkwing's empire did when he died) all done to secure a future for the world after TG

ya Rand the evil anti -hero or  the glorious dictator Hawkwing....  ::)

i would prefer Rand  ;D  

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuses excuses excuses. Oh poor rand. he's hated. he's in pain. he's misunderstood. he's the saviour of the world. he's this or that. blah blah blah.

Anyone who uses his own friends and treats them like shit is no saviour. Anyone who even remotely comprehends hurting his own friends, the same friends he grew up with is a saviour of nothing. He's just a rabid dog with the sole sick purpose of saving the world. It is the world's greatest joke. I hope demandred or padan fain put an end to this tool. wishful thinking i suppose although one can dream.

Oh by the way phariah raistlin majere was not meant to save the world. In fact he wanted to be a God at one point. 

Oh by the way phariah raistlin majere was not meant to save the world. In fact he wanted to be a God at one point.  

um.. ya but he actually saved it  ::)

Rand is a man fated to break the world some believe close to another true shattering of the world :'(

yet he is gonna save it even with his life if need be same way Raistlin did ;D

Anyone who uses his own friends and treats them like shit is no saviour. . . . He's just a rabid dog with the sole sick purpose of saving the world.

Isn't that sort of contradictory?

you forgot that i mentioned the word sick in there? and the world's greatest joke? perhaps i should have used inverted commas over the word saving the world?

Rand is a man fated to break the world some believe close to another true shattering of the world :'(

only after realising the consequences of his dumb ass move of gaining godhood. raistlin did'nt want to take down takhisis out of kindness of his heart but because it was his ambition and lust for power.

perhaps you need to read the books again.

If I were you I'd also stay away from The Mistborn Trilogy then. Unless you've already read it. In which case I don't see how you possibly could have enjoyed them. I actually just started them on last friday and i'm about half way through book 3. But so far, they've been utterly filled with people having to do brutal, sometimes, seemingly, evil things for the greater good.

Excuses excuses excuses. Oh poor rand. he's hated. he's in pain. he's misunderstood. he's the saviour of the world. he's this or that. blah blah blah.

Anyone who uses his own friends and treats them like shit is no saviour. Anyone who even remotely comprehends hurting his own friends, the same friends he grew up with is a saviour of nothing. He's just a rabid dog with the sole sick purpose of saving the world. It is the world's greatest joke. I hope demandred or padan fain put an end to this tool. wishful thinking i suppose although one can dream.

I like how you ignore any post that absolutely tears apart your strawman argument and continue to post the same senseless drivel over and over again.

I like how you ignore any post that absolutely tears apart your strawman argument and continue to post the same senseless drivel over and over again.

Clever move, that.  ::)

Yes, that does appear to be the only thing that he can do here in this thread.

Anyone who uses his own friends and treats them like shit is no saviour. . . . He's just a rabid dog with the sole sick purpose of saving the world.

Isn't that sort of contradictory?

you forgot that i mentioned the word sick in there? and the world's greatest joke? perhaps i should have used inverted commas over the word saving the world?

No, since Rand will quite literally save the world.  Like him or not, that fact remains.

only after realising the consequences of his dumb ass move of gaining godhood. raistlin did'nt want to take down takhisis out of kindness of his heart but because it was his ambition and lust for power.

perhaps you need to read the books again.

ya when he seen he would be ruling over a land of dead did he turn on her , buuuuut if u continued to read the books he aids his nephew Palin Majhere to save the world  :o :o ;D 8)

hmmm.....

Rand is in constant pain. He has a 400 year old Aes Sedai who failed to protect the world and killed his wife in his head. He is under pressure from the whole world and all he wanted was to be a simple shepherd. It's hard when you actually know you have to die to save the entire world and the people you're meant to die for are being short-sighted and bickering with each other even though Armageddon is very close. His arrogance is driven from a frustration that people just don't do what he says. I mean, how fast would the world unite under him if his allies would just listen and stop plotting against him and each other? There is not time manipulation, no questions of who will be pissed off as that leaves an opening for being manipulated himself. The vast majority of people hate and fear you simply because Rand is the Dragon Reborn. Not only does Rand have to deal with machinations of his enemies, but those who you are trying to save constantly hinder you with their petty squabbles and ambitions in the face of armageddon. Further, many factions seek to use you in order to further their plans. Even the majority of your most loyal allies still have their own agendas. He started off as a young kid with zero experience in any of this. He has been through a mandatory cross continental trip to the Blight. He has experienced the death of many close friends. He has seen what he had to see in Rhuidean. He was kidnapped and stuffed into a box where he was tortured and beaten 24/7(as a matter of fact, pre-Dumai's Wells is one of the main reasons why Rand is like this). His sword hand was blasted off. And as Desert Pea said:

"Moiraine" died at what could only be the worst time possible. He recently became the ruler of the center of manipulative politics, and at the time Rand wasn't the best at the Game of Houses. Things were a lot more difficult than they had to be because of Moiraine's absence. He eventually became a rather brilliant, harsh (which was required) ruler through learning experience, but with Moiraine there his progress would have been much, much faster. On top of this, Rand feels responsible for her "death" because he couldn't attack Lanfear. This starts his list, which is one of the direct causes for his hardened soul.

And further more, do you think Rand likes the way he is? It's rather obvious from his POVs that he absolutely despises himself. Often times we find Rand reminiscing about Edmonds Field, and being a shepherd again. He wants to be able to hide from the world and live out his days in peace, but he knows that he has a duty to complete. The man's in pain 24/7. He's bonded to the three women he loves more than anything else in the world while knowing that when he dies it'll hurt them more than anything else ever could, but he can't say no to them when they ask him to be their Warder. The seals of the Dark One's prison are weakening, ready to shatter at any second. And despite all of this he has managed to press onward to save a world that despises him almost as much as the Dark One. This can't be stressed enough. The world hates Rand al'Thor, their only savior. Someone who is easily susceptible to something as petty as human emotions could not have gotten this far. In this case, the end absolutely justifies the means. Rand wants to die, he wants this to end, but instead of taking the easy way out he's sticking it through to the end. He knows that the world that curses his very name needs him, and he's going to stay around until they don't anymore. Can you truly hate someone that selfless even after you've read his POVs?

So yeah, there are tons of reasons.

Why is anyone even replying to this.... The argument has long since become redundant. 

Your right. He is too narrow-minded. Even with all the reasons we gave him.

Yes yes, I agree. I thought I was bad for bashing some characters but I see that I have been outdone and cast out of the Most Negative Person post... I was really good at it too : (

Why is anyone even replying to this.... The argument has long since become redundant. 

Your right. He is too narrow-minded. Even with all the reasons we gave him.

Yes yes, I agree. I thought I was bad for bashing some characters but I see that I have been outdone and cast out of the Most Negative Person post... I was really good at it too : (

take heart Wavemistress, he has gained the tops for men, you can still keep the woman's title  ;)

the dragon reborn almost killed his own friend. saviour? nah. lunatic is more like it. No matter how many excuses you guys make for him, no matter how may times you try to justify his actions the fact that he looks at his friends like pawns and nearly killed his own friend renders him as a complete unfeeling shadow. He lacks compassion and empathy save for his three trollop lovers.

There is nothing redeeming about rand al thor.

He is kind of coo coo for cocoa puffs huh? I'm not going argue against any of your points because most of them are true, I will just repeat one more time that he is a product of everything he's been through. He'll redeem himself when the last battle is done. I can't help but feel sorry for him  :'( It will be like in Harry Potter how... haha I won't get started on Harry Potter, I'll just annoy everyone more than I already have.

the dragon reborn almost killed his own friend. saviour? nah. lunatic is more like it. No matter how many excuses you guys make for him, no matter how may times you try to justify his actions the fact that he looks at his friends like pawns and nearly killed his own friend renders him as a complete unfeeling shadow. He lacks compassion and empathy save for his three trollop lovers.

There is nothing redeeming about rand al thor.

Are you going to keep acting like you've never seen the sufficient amount of evidence and good reasons for Rand's transformation into what he is now that people have passed out and submitted all over the thread? Refer to this:

Rand is in constant pain. He has a 400 year old Aes Sedai who failed to protect the world and killed his wife in his head. He is under pressure from the whole world and all he wanted was to be a simple shepherd. It's hard when you actually know you have to die to save the entire world and the people you're meant to die for are being short-sighted and bickering with each other even though Armageddon is very close. His arrogance is driven from a frustration that people just don't do what he says. I mean, how fast would the world unite under him if his allies would just listen and stop plotting against him and each other? There is not time manipulation, no questions of who will be pissed off as that leaves an opening for being manipulated himself. The vast majority of people hate and fear you simply because Rand is the Dragon Reborn. Not only does Rand have to deal with machinations of his enemies, but those who you are trying to save constantly hinder you with their petty squabbles and ambitions in the face of armageddon. Further, many factions seek to use you in order to further their plans. Even the majority of your most loyal allies still have their own agendas. He started off as a young kid with zero experience in any of this. He has been through a mandatory cross continental trip to the Blight. He has experienced the death of many close friends. He has seen what he had to see in Rhuidean. He was kidnapped and stuffed into a box where he was tortured and beaten 24/7(as a matter of fact, pre-Dumai's Wells is one of the main reasons why Rand is like this). His sword hand was blasted off. And as Desert Pea said:

"Moiraine" died at what could only be the worst time possible. He recently became the ruler of the center of manipulative politics, and at the time Rand wasn't the best at the Game of Houses. Things were a lot more difficult than they had to be because of Moiraine's absence. He eventually became a rather brilliant, harsh (which was required) ruler through learning experience, but with Moiraine there his progress would have been much, much faster. On top of this, Rand feels responsible for her "death" because he couldn't attack Lanfear. This starts his list, which is one of the direct causes for his hardened soul.

And further more, do you think Rand likes the way he is? It's rather obvious from his POVs that he absolutely despises himself. Often times we find Rand reminiscing about Edmonds Field, and being a shepherd again. He wants to be able to hide from the world and live out his days in peace, but he knows that he has a duty to complete. The man's in pain 24/7. He's bonded to the three women he loves more than anything else in the world while knowing that when he dies it'll hurt them more than anything else ever could, but he can't say no to them when they ask him to be their Warder. The seals of the Dark One's prison are weakening, ready to shatter at any second. And despite all of this he has managed to press onward to save a world that despises him almost as much as the Dark One. This can't be stressed enough. The world hates Rand al'Thor, their only savior. Someone who is easily susceptible to something as petty as human emotions could not have gotten this far. In this case, the end absolutely justifies the means. Rand wants to die, he wants this to end, but instead of taking the easy way out he's sticking it through to the end. He knows that the world that curses his very name needs him, and he's going to stay around until they don't anymore. Can you truly hate someone that selfless even after you've read his POVs?

So yeah, there are tons of reasons.

Prove this wrong.