DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Empy's Entertainment News Round Up...

Emperor

I am too lazy to make seperate threads for all of this.

"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", the third in the epic series of films based on the bestselling books by C.S. Lewis, began principal photography on location in Queensland, Australia, on Monday, July 27. The production, a joint venture between Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and Walden Media, continues the franchise which commenced with the 2005 release, "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" and its 2008 follow-up, "Prince Caspian," whose combined global box office gross tops $1.2 billion.

Whoopdie doo!

Paramount Pictures is developing a new feature film adaptation of Robert C. O'Brien's classic award-winning children's tale "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH" says The Hollywood Reporter.

The story centers on a mouse -- the titular Mrs. Frisby, re-named Mrs. Brisby in the MGM movie -- faced with a crisis when her son falls ill and she must move her family to escape a farmer's plow.

Mrs. Frisby enlists a group of former lab rats, whom she soon discovers run a highly evolved society, who possess advanced technologies and divide labor in the manner of a human community.

MGM developed the property back in 1982 as the animated "The Secret of NIMH". Though not set, it seems likely the new "NIMH" will combine live-action and animation ala "Alvin and the Chipmunks" or "Garfield".

Director Neil Burger ("The Illusionist") is in talks to write the screenplay. Cary Granat will produce.

Returning to Nimh seems like a good idea to me.

Network sources confirm to us exclusively that Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber is set to guest star on the season two premiere of Dollhouse.

But where does he fit into the storylines? Here's what we're hearing:

We're told that Bamber's character is heavily involved in an engagement Echo (Eliza Dushku) and her new handler Paul Ballard (Tahmoh Penikett) have been assigned to.

Yay, I love any new Dollhouse news.

Referencing Garfield and Alvin and the Chipmunks in concert with that announcement was kinda harsh. I sincerely hope there are no parallels between those "films" and the new NIMH beyond technical method. The Bluth movie still holds a soft spot in my heart (and my Youtube bookmarks), despite the deux ex machina thrown in for no good reason.

oh yeah, I totally forgot to comment on NIMH.

There's a way for them to do this remake right and then there's the way they've butchered Garfield and Alvin.  I will be very unhappy if they make the film like those two. 

The Right way could be Guillermo DelTorro or Pete Jackson style.

I agree, (Although I am not certain what was meant by the deux ex machina)The Secret of Nimh had a......well a dark undertone.  Even the happier moments were underscored with it.  I can just see them chopping this to hell by making it all sunny and cheerful.  ::)

The deus ex machina in the original NIMH film was the red stone that was not in the book, was given no explanation in the film, and yet saved the day at the end instead of it being by the technical ability of the rats, ultimately undercutting the value of their enhanced intellect.

Archived