DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The KOD 'Deathgate/Up Axes' Scene The Coolest/Best Battle Scene in WOT Ever!

NOTE:  The scenes that involved rand have always been my favorite.  Two of my favorite were when he unleashed the lighning construct that swept through the Stone and took out all the Trollocs that were standing was awesome.  I also got chills when he grabbed Callondor in the Hills of Ebou Dar and unleashed all kinds of hell on the Seanchan and even his own people. 

Get's your pulse racing just thinking about these things. 

Agreed 100% on that one.  I totally forgot about that.  I was 12 years old when I read that scene the first time.  I can honestly say I was a fan of the WOT before that, but once Rand unleashed Callandor with the lightning attack, and immediately afterwards when he tries to revive the dead child, I can say is when I got hooked on the series.  Been reading and re-reading ever since.

To those who think Rand is insane, remember
That he is.
Rand has had to take on more responsibility than you or I can even imagine.
Speak for yourself.

Umm Ares... When have you had literally the weight of the world on your shoulders? That you have to die for people who don't like you at all and want to kill you even? When have you had to have 3 lovers, one of which is a crazy woman who follows ji'e'toh, another is a snob, and another a tomboy? When have you had to go track down 13 very dangerous people which keep coming back to life? When have you had to sit there and try and do something for like 12 hours that might kill you and destroy the entire world in the process? Just asking :P.

NOTE:  The scenes that involved rand have always been my favorite.  Two of my favorite were when he unleashed the lighning construct that swept through the Stone and took out all the Trollocs that were standing was awesome.  I also got chills when he grabbed Callondor in the Hills of Ebou Dar and unleashed all kinds of hell on the Seanchan and even his own people. 

Get's your pulse racing just thinking about these things. 

Agreed 100% on that one.  I totally forgot about that.  I was 12 years old when I read that scene the first time.  I can honestly say I was a fan of the WOT before that, but once Rand unleashed Callandor with the lightning attack, and immediately afterwards when he tries to revive the dead child, I can say is when I got hooked on the series.  Been reading and re-reading ever since.

Yes! That scene rocks, too! Lanfear serves a purpose there, in goading Rand/LTT to use more complex weaves than the simple fire sword. I love how impressed Moiraine is, and then how she has to talk Rand down from his elation, while he tries to ressurect the little girl.

Umm Ares... When have you had literally the weight of the world on your shoulders?
Well, considering hw heavy the world is, and how gravity works, never. As is evidenced by the fact I have not yet been crushed to death. More to the point, neither has Rand (the evidence is the same). Now, Rand has had the weight of the world on his shoulders figuratively, in that he's under a lot of pressure. Hardly unique. It's psychological pressure he's under, and as a man can believe the fate of the world rests on his shoulders even if it doesn't (or believe it doesn't even when it does), then it is not physical actions that are important, but belief. Therefore the examples you use are worthless, because they do nothing to further your point. The question you should be asking is whether or not someone has ever felt like the fate of the world rested on their shoulders. It is the belief that is important, not the reality. A powerless lunatic could be crushed while a carefree king isn't.

Archived