DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A special surprise

Dunbar

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, there's exotic-gross, and exotic-cool.

The "exotic" things I've had are a kangaroo burger (in Sydney), grilled barracuda (of the coast of Belize), and fire-roasted rattlesnake (contraband during Girl Scout Camp-- two of my tent-mates grew up on reservations).

They were all delicious! I recommend all of them!

Calamari, if done right, is fabulous. I've had octopus sashimi, and it was . . . weird. But the kangaroo was tasty, the barracuda (made with spices hand picked in the jungle) was amazing, and the rattlesnake was just like chicken, only a little sweeter and drier (though the dryness might have been from the very primitive cooking method). I'd eat them all again. . . except, maybe, the octopus sashimi. That was like biting into rubber bands. Weird.

(while we're talking about sashimi-- tuna and salmon sashimi are totally delish!)

Not sure what Sashimi is, but I love Tuna and Salmon.

I would like to try barracuda, that does sound interesting as does the Kangeroo, However I would not eat snake unless I really had too, mainly becasue I have a severe phobia of snakes and it may put me off eating it, letting alone going near it to prepare it, lol

Talya,

Sashimi is raw fish. You can usually get it a sushi bars. Barracuda you have to be careful of--> in the East Caribbean, it tends toward poisonous, while in the west Caribbean it's okay. Has something to do with the algae eaten by the fish they eat. *shrugs* not sure.

The snake was an interesting experience. Good, but interesting . . .

Ahh, okay Thanks Zop. I have never had sushi. But as I love tuna and salmon, I think it would be nice to try those, lol.

I think I'll avoid the barracuda then, just to be on the safe side ;)

I think if snake was served, and didn't look like it came from a snake it would be different, but if I saw it...aghhh!!

You certainly aren't the only one El, it can make me feel sick when I see them on tv or a picture even!

Archived