DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand : Insane or something else?

Phariah

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is how I see Rands mental situation.

As Semirhage said, Rand has a rare madness that causes the mind of his past life to become active. In other words, whatever it is that Artur Hawkwing sees that tells him Rand is Lews Therin becomes active. This causes Rand mental problems because, basically, two minds are in one body, and the barrier between them gets thinner and thinner as Rand was affected by the Taint and whatever other issues plague his sanity. So, a new mind becoming active simultaneously means Rand begins to say things he doesnt mean sometimes, and think things he doesnt understand, at first not being able to tell it was Lews Therin without deliberate thought. As the madness gets worse a voice develops, a real voice, which would be much harder to reintegrate than a pretend voice, and as the voice begins to talk more and more eventually it says something in reaction to what Rand sees, trying to sieze control and succeeding. The fact that Lews Therins memories become part of Rands is the main part of the madness; if Rand cant distinguish between his own memories and Lews Therins, how long before he cant distinguish between their thoughts anymore? Rand could-and very likely will, from what weve heard about the next books-end up acting a lot more like Lews Therin before its done.

This is NOT your everyday insanity; Rand can still think coherently soemtimes

• 3 weeks later...
I think rands mental imbalance is LTT's insanity flowing across both souls (Mins vision of rand: two men becoming one thinger)

Viewing of Rand & someone else somehow touching?  The touching part seems to have been fulfilled in the balefire incident Rand had in the end of the book.

The other part of the Viewing was that one of them would die; that is yet to come.

this is the dumbest thread ever

You obviously haven't been everywhere on DM, then.

ive been other places, dumber threads.  ive really taken a hiatus from reading to play warcraft 3, but as i only have the new spring left to read and i dont have it, its okay.  i have seen dumber threads, but this one is at the top

Archived